Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remembered by who?

I don't care how he is remembered in Spain, or Taiwan, or Indonesia.

Around these parts, he's an ex utd player.

When CRonaldo retires, even if he came to City for two years and won us the CL, I’d still think of him as a Madrid legend first and foremost.

Bob Milarvie
Joe Cassidy
Billy Meredith
Frank Barrett
Hugh Morgan
John Christie
Herbert Broomfield
Ernest Magnull
Mickey Hamill
George Albinson
Bill Dale
Harry Rowley
Denis Law
Brian Kidd
Sammy MacIlroy
Peter Barnes
John Gidman
Mark Robbins
Steve Coppell
Andrei Kanchelskis
Terry Cooke
Peter Schmeichel
Andy Cole
Mark Hughes
Carlos Tevez
Owen Hargreaves
…all played for United or coached United and came to City (some on the list started at City then went to United then came back, there are others not in the list who’ve done it the other way too).

One game against a dreadful Newcastle. He just doesn’t look like a centre forward to me.

This team needs and deserves a striker of the Lukaku, Lewandowski, Kane, Ronaldo, Haaland level. Torres is nowhere near that, nor do I think he ever will be.

At the very least we need a reliable goal scorer, Ings would have been decent enough given how many chances we create.

You're arguing two different points here. I'm 100% in agreement that we need a striker, I just picked up on your point about Torres not being a good finisher, which I respectfully disagreed with

The trick here is getting him on something like a 1+1 deal.

We can't be paying his insane wages for even 1 season more than he is useful.

Remove who he used to play for from the equation and I think this could be a very good short term deal.

Not only will he score plenty of goals, the guy dragged that Madrid side to multiple Champions league titles through what felt like pure refusal to lose, and his work ethic, professionalism and dedication to the sport cannot be questioned.

There's a lot of players in this squad who could learn a lot from him. I mentioned Ferran yesterday, but Sterling is another, Jesus too. I think older players like KDB could learn a lot by seeing how hes managed to keep playing at the top level into his late 30s by being in incredible shape.

And if some of his arrogance and self belief rubbed off on the rest of the squad it would be well worth the money. The players don't carry themselves like the best team in Europe in big games, and that hurts us at times. We often seem brittle when things go against us instead of acting like its just a speed bump on the way to winning.

However if we give him a 3 year contract or something and end up paying him to sit on the bench then its going to be a massive waste of money (which we then won't have to spend elsewhere).

If he expect to continue to earn his Juve money , I hope we walk away.

If he wants to come to us to PLAY in the PL , then come for the football and not the money.
Yeah, if he's that desperate to want out of Juve he should be taking a pay cut, he's 36 as well.

You're arguing two different points here. I'm 100% in agreement that we need a striker, I just picked up on your point about Torres not being a good finisher, which I respectfully disagreed with

Torres is a great finisher but that's only 1 part of a strikers skill set and he lacks all the others.

If we are going to make him a striker its going to be a long, difficult process.

The trick here is getting him on something like a 1+1 deal.

We can't be paying his insane wages for even 1 season more than he is useful.

Remove who he used to play for from the equation and I think this could be a very good short term deal.

This guy dragged that Madrid side to multiple Champions league titles, and his work ethic, professionalism and dedication to the sport cannot be questioned.

There's a lot of players in this squad who could learn a lot from him. I mentioned Ferran yesterday, but Sterling is another, Jesus too. I think older players like KDB could learn a lot by seeing how hes managed to keep playing at the top level into his late 30s by being in incredible shape.

And if some of his arrogance and self belief rubbed off on the rest of the squad it would be well worth the money. The players don't carry themselves like the best team in Europe in big games, and that hurts us at times. We often seem brittle when things go against us instead of acting like its just a speed bump on the way to winning.

However if we give him a 3 year contract or something and end up paying him to sit on the bench then its going to be a massive waste of money (which we then won't have to spend elsewhere).
"This guy dragged that Madrid side to multiple Champions league titles, and his work ethic, professionalism and dedication to the sport cannot be questioned."

Still in incredible shape and condition but he is NOT that guy anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.