Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldo is after a 2 year deal, which would make him 38. And 25-30m per year in wages. This reminds me a lot of Alexis Sanchez, which was a disaster for United. Destroyed the wage structure, and pissed off half the dressing room.

I'm not sure that a 'knee jerk signing' fits in with the holistic approach that City have advised is the philosophy of the club, building up from the academy etc.. Having long-term targets that are worked on over a long period of time.

Someone like Ronaldo will make it all about him. He will put himself above the club and the players, and demand special treatment. He's a footballing diva now. I just don't think that City need something like that in the dressing room, when they have such a strong team ethic.

It took City a decade to shake off the mercenary tag, I can't see why the philosophy needs to change now, just because Chelsea have gone all out.

When CRonaldo retires, even if he came to City for two years and won us the CL, I’d still think of him as a Madrid legend first and foremost.

Bob Milarvie
Joe Cassidy
Billy Meredith
Frank Barrett
Hugh Morgan
John Christie
Herbert Broomfield
Ernest Magnull
Mickey Hamill
George Albinson
Bill Dale
Harry Rowley
Denis Law
Brian Kidd
Sammy MacIlroy
Peter Barnes
John Gidman
Mark Robbins
Steve Coppell
Andrei Kanchelskis
Terry Cooke
Peter Schmeichel
Andy Cole
Mark Hughes
Carlos Tevez
Owen Hargreaves
…all played for United or coached United and came to City (some on the list started at City then went to United then came back, there are others not in the list who’ve done it the other way too).
Either your memory or your research is very strong!

Torres is a great finisher but that's only 1 part of a strikers skill set and he lacks all the others.

If we are going to make him a striker its going to be a long, difficult process.

Yeah I would agree with that, I don't know if he is or ever will be a "striker," as such. But he's a good finisher and I think he'll bag a decent number of goals over his career wherever he plays

The reason we have a poor record is because we don't get bullied anymore.
Under Garry Cook we'd pay pretty much whatever was asked. Now we'll walk away if the price isn't right.

van Dijk, Maguire, Sanchez, Koulibaly, Kane. These aren't City bottling deals, it's City not bottling negotiation.

that’s naive and gives the club a free pass mate.

Cook paid what it took, because that’s what it took. He didn’t sit and talk to agents and let them negotiate. we managed to get a lot of our targets, but not all.

but that’s history now.

lately we have failed a lot. We listen to agents too much. Let’s not forget we had this same farce quietly with Mahrez too. Another player who thought he had an agreement to leave Leicester but we couldn’t get him until a year later. He’s openly said this.

We keep doing it.

you’re examples all give city the benefit of the doubt. Their record doesn’t.

Sat with a scum fan now I brought it up about the possibility of this happening, he said he wouldn't do this to them. Hope we get him to boil piss and he bangs them in for fun.

Ronaldo is after a 2 year deal, which would make him 38. And 25-30m per year in wages. This reminds me a lot of Alexis Sanchez, which was a disaster for United. Destroyed the wage structure, and pissed off half the dressing room.

I'm not sure that a 'knee jerk signing' fits in with the holistic approach that City have advised is the philosophy of the club, building up from the academy etc.. Having long-term targets that are worked on over a long period of time.

Someone like Ronaldo will make it all about him. He will put himself above the club and the players, and demand special treatment. He's a footballing diva now. I just don't think that City need something like that in the dressing room, when they have such a strong team ethic.

It took City a decade to shake off the mercenary tag, I can't see why the philosophy needs to change now, just because Chelsea have gone all out.
As a rag, make sure you vote "no" in the poll. I voted yes and for good reason.

Tolmie has said numerous times this summer word for word that "Kane will be a City player" and its easy to search for the posts.

Now, I have followed this forum long enough to now that Tolmie is very hit and miss, usually has very good information about what our targets are at the start og every window but imo he jumps the gun way too often on "done deals". His sources doesnt seem to have a clue how close a deal is, just whether the deal is worked on or not. I don't mind it, it is good fun and he posts in good faith and is a proper blue that probably gets as excited as the rest of us when good mews arrives.

But I can see why some people gets frustrated especially considering its hard to strike a balance between "ITK" information and opinion from a regular blue
Just automatically add 'IMO' to any post regardless of who posts it and you can't go wrong.

Kane himself probably thought he was a City player a week or three ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.