Criticism of Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people still haven’t got over Mancini. He was a slightly above average manager who wore a blue scarf and said fuck off to Fergie. Pep has won back to back titles and numerous other trophies and will likely continue to do so this season. He can say our fans our shite for all I care, he brings the trophies home, that’s what matters.

Bit harsh on Mancini that.

Agree with your second point though

I'm a bit like this now. Before he came i read all the books and took a keen interest in his time at Bayern. I imagined his press conferences would be all about tactics and the intricacies of the game but when he arrived i watched a couple of them and there didn't seem to be any connection at all. I'm now resigned to the fact that he's not everyone's cup of tea and sees himself as the brand. Just keep criticising the fans under wraps and get on with managing the team. I'd give him 99% on the pitch and 50% off it - so about 75% overall. An A but not an A+
To be fair, he’d need to be asked some insightful questions in order to explain his thoughts and some of the intricacies of the way his team plays in particular and how he sees football in general. Given this once in a lifetime opportunity our English pressmen have spectacularly failed to grasp the nettle and have just concentrated on the ‘Ickle City’ narrative. The absolute bell-ends will never have the opportunity of having access to one of the finest football minds there’s ever been and have spent the last 4 years pissing up the wall and playing with the steam...

I agree with Pep's assessment of our fan base. As a group we're a fucking joke.

There was a scene in the Amazon documentary where Pep tells the players that out there [in the public interviews] he will defend them to the death, but in here [in the privacy of the dressing room] he will be brutally honest and pull no punches.

That's exactly how it should be. As a club we stick together and we don't wash our dirty linen in public. We solve our problems internally.

Pep needs to extend the the same courtesy to the fans as does to the players. We are the club. No expensively paid employee is above the club. When he moves on we will still be here, and he'd do well to remember that.

I think Pep has touched a nerve, and he’s right to hope for a good atmosphere on Wednesday. In our last home derby we were not our usual bouncing, loud support (unlike at OT earlier in the month). When we did get behind the boys we got right back into the game. I think he wants us to be the best in every thing including support. We can, and have been loud even with lower numbers in the stadium. Our away support is testament to how fantastic our supporters are. Let’s get behind the boys and make them all as proud of our club as we are.

To be fair, he’d need to be asked some insightful questions in order to explain his thoughts and some of the intricacies of the way his team plays in particular and how he sees football in general. Given this once in a lifetime opportunity our English pressmen have spectacularly failed to grasp the nettle and have just concentrated on the ‘Ickle City’ narrative. The absolute bell-ends will never have the opportunity of having access to one of the finest football minds there’s ever been and have spent the last 4 years pissing up the wall and playing with the steam...
When he first arrived he did try to explain football and they weren't interested,all they wrote was i'll never work here,thinly veiled how fucking dare you not go to the rags,talksport made it their mission to put him down,one of them said he would walk or be sacked before his first dec 25th,it was weird,i remember thinking you adored this man from afar and he is sat right in front of you and you put him down

Some people still haven’t got over Mancini. He was a slightly above average manager who wore a blue scarf and said fuck off to Fergie. Pep has won back to back titles and numerous other trophies and will likely continue to do so this season. He can say our fans our shite for all I care, he brings the trophies home, that’s what matters.
He had nice hair though.

And now the supporters group have gone to the daily mail (lol) in response.

Headline of "Man Citys OFFICIAL supporters club SLAMS Pep!!!"

Media are biased against City, so let's go to the media and have a go at pep! Why? Because he made an ignorant comment about us in public and gave the media an excuse to have a go about empty seats... so we'll do the exact same! Mental.

A slightly above average manager? What a ridiculous fucking comment. Amongst other trophies, 3 consecutive serie a titles, City’s first title in 44 years, 10 wins out of 10 in Euro qualifying for an Italy side that was in the doldrums. In every year of his managerial career the worst he has done is reach a semi final. Yep bang fucking average. Maybe he would have been more well thought of if he had engaged in mindless banter with fucking chappie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.