Croatia v Brazil - Fri 9th Dec, 15:00 | Quarter-final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Although I agree completely I also think the same of the Croatia team and hope they get eliminated next due to their history, this team are great overachievers and bar Modric who is an unquestionably great player and maybe a couple others at a stretch, their team player for player is terrible compared to their 1998 World Cup squad which oozed classy players.
Whilst there is nothing wrong with your analysis there, I certainly do not hope they get eliminated. You are talking about a small footballing nation with barely 30 years of independence competing against global footballing giants with staggering success. There is much to be admired there.

One thing that is interesting about the World Cup is how many cultures around the world are brought together in one place and exposed to the world. Sometimes there is merit to these differences, sometimes there isn’t. He did not think he had done anything wrong there and it may be true to say that that did the cat no harm, however that does not make it acceptable. The optimist in me likes to think the reaction from other parts of the world to attitudes to animals (and for example Qataris homosexuality thoughts and laws) may lead to future changes or even thoughts to do so.

Whilst there is nothing wrong with your analysis there, I certainly do not hope they get eliminated. You are talking about a small footballing nation with barely 30 years of independence competing against global footballing giants with staggering success. There is much to be admired there.
That was the case on the 1990s and they got the best of the Yugo team. Now they are an ageing anti-football team who play for penalties and get lucky with 1 shot on target being deflected in. It almost down came to these and Neds long ball team for a place in the final.

Mahrez would still miss
Funnily enough I was at the Chelsea game just behind the goal we were attacking in the second half with my 17 year old daughter and her friend and so engrossed with the match I forgot they were sat next to me. Within a few minutes of the restart at nil-nil Mahrez was clean through on the goal and Mahrez being Mahrez he messed about rather than shoot and was tackled and I lost it and shouted “You stupid f@@king d!*khead!!”. They both looked at me slightly stunned and I apologised before they burst out laughing! 10 minutes later he scored and a few minutes later he set up the second. At which point her friend turned to me and said “I think he heard you!”…:)

That was the case on the 1990s and they got the best of the Yugo team. Now they are an ageing anti-football team who play for penalties and get lucky with 1 shot on target being deflected in. It almost down came to these and Neds long ball team for a place in the final.
You could say the same thing about Denmark in 1992 and Greece in 2004. As much as we like great football we also like great giant killing stories.

You could say the same thing about Denmark in 1992 and Greece in 2004. As much as we like great football we also like great giant killing stories.
Denmark won it at the expense of the Croatians and other Balkans in the romantic fairy-tale.

They won 1 shoot out but were not a Greece, who rode their luck being very negative. Greece were a disgrace.

There's certainly something to be admired I just think they're the most negative team in World Cup history, I'm not just on about now but the last tournament too and it'd be sad if their best ever players are forgotten, mainly due to their current inferior side possibly getting to the final again twice in a row, they'd be at least 7 definite starters from the 98 team in their current one, this team has massively overachieved already with the dullest football I've ever seen in this and the last World Cup, so I think we can be happy for them even if they're knocked out, plus I think it'd set a precedent for being ultra defensive in international football other teams would follow their example, international football could genuinely die if at the next world Cup 2/3 of teams come out being boring and defensive.

Their spoiler tactics they employ will ruin every match they're involved in until they lose 1-0 or get truly hammered or win it, I'd rather see them eliminated and hope we get the chance to have a footballing spectacle rather than a team or two sitting back.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.