Croatia v Brazil - Fri 9th Dec, 15:00 | Quarter-final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FjjhHMBX0AEJW5-

Brail have an existential dilemma, flair and charisma is their ace in the pocket.

If you going to get technical, they can do that but it's not their forte.

As a brazilian, we died a little ever since Ronsldinho left.

And it really breaks my heart.

The game is today is too "Structured/ proffesional" for the Brazilian spirit to truly run free. ( I do believe that this approach would win a world cup). Coached out! It's like when a company like VW takes over Buggatti or Lamborghini. My mom and I are crying every world cup as a brazilian its obligatory, there is a part of this that is related to capitalism and colonialism that has killed/ cleansed / sanitized, choose your adjective.

Where is the spirit of Gaurincha, or the original Ronaldo,Danilson, Rivaldo,Roberto Carlos, Ronaldinho, Danilson , Socrates, I could go on.
What's wrong with a team of flair players?

I do believe that brazilian woman and the most spectacular rear ends on the planet, has a significant correlation on the way football should be played in our country. We need to go back to Samba and ass at all costs!

while I understand you want Brazil to play more freely like the old days, that might not be the answer either. A lot of countries and their coaches are very tactically astute now, so I think you do need some structure too.

Look at this game earlier, Brazil had no midfield structure at all and Croatia knew that, targeted that area of the game and just passed through them so easily. If that was a team better in attack, Brazil could’ve easily been humiliated like in that Germany game.

I think the reality is Brazil are not producing enough top players. Lets be real, Fred, Paqueta etc would be nowhere near a Brazil squad In 2002. Casimero was sold by Madrid for a reason, he’s in decline. Modric is still there and much older.

Richarlison is a decent player and did well against some shit teams but he’s at spurs and not doing much there. There’s no way in hell he would be playing as the main striker in a past Brazil squad. He’s an average mid table premier league player really. Compare that to the likes of Ronaldo or Rivaldo leading the line for Brazil, you can’t, it’s not comparable.

Neymar is talented but his fame is because Brazil always need a poster boy, a hero, but he’s not on the level of the star men of the past. He couldn’t lace Ronaldo or Ronaldinho’s boots.

So I don’t think it’s because of a change in “style” - I think it’s just Brazil have too many mediocre players compared to before.

Last time brazil had anything about them, their original samba football, was 2002

Since then they have lost what they were known for and have turned into an average european side

while I understand you want Brazil to play more freely like the old days, that might not be the answer either. A lot of countries and their coaches are very tactically astute now, so I think you do need some structure too.

Look at this game earlier, Brazil had no midfield structure at all and Croatia knew that, targeted that area of the game and just passed through them so easily. If that was a team better in attack, Brazil could’ve easily been humiliated like in that Germany game.

I think the reality is Brazil are not producing enough top players. Lets be real, Fred, Paqueta etc would be nowhere near a Brazil squad In 2002. Casimero was sold by Madrid for a reason, he’s in decline. Modric is still there and much older.

Richarlison is a decent player and did well against some shit teams but he’s at spurs and not doing much there. There’s no way in hell he would be playing as the main striker in a past Brazil squad. He’s an average mid table premier league player really. Compare that to the likes of Ronaldo or Rivaldo leading the line for Brazil, you can’t, it’s not comparable.

Neymar is talented but his fame is because Brazil always need a poster boy, a hero, but he’s not on the level of the star men of the past. He couldn’t lace Ronaldo or Ronaldinho’s boots.

So I don’t think it’s because of a change in “style” - I think it’s just Brazil have too many mediocre players compared to before.
Spot on....the days of brazil past were a joy to watch when i was younger

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.