Croatia v Brazil - Fri 9th Dec, 15:00 | Quarter-final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's certainly something to be admired I just think they're the most negative team in World Cup history, I'm not just on about now but the last tournament too and it'd be sad if their best ever players are forgotten, mainly due to their current inferior side possibly getting to the final again twice in a row, they'd be at least 7 definite starters from the 98 team in their current one, this team has massively overachieved already with the dullest football I've ever seen in this and the last World Cup, so I think we can be happy for them even if they're knocked out, plus I think it'd set a precedent for being ultra defensive in international football other teams would follow their example, international football could genuinely die if at the next world Cup 2/3 of teams come out being boring and defensive.

Their spoiler tactics they employ will ruin every match they're involved in until they get lose 1-0 or truly hammered or win it, I'd rather see them eliminated and hope we get the chance to have a footballing spectacle rather than a team or two sitting back.
Great story, awful to watch though.

Denmark won it at the expense of the Croatians and other Balkans in the romantic fairy-tale.

They won 1 shoot out but were not a Greece, who rode their luck being very negative. Greece were a disgrace.

This Croatian team despite having some big name players they're far more negative than Greece ever was, Greece only failed to score in one 90 minute match before scoring a silver goal in the semi final, they still created chances it's just the other teams were more attacking, Greece would try to create chances they had a dribbling playmaker like Giorgios Karangounis with attacking intent trying to make things happen, and they had accurate crosses delivered to the box trying to actively create chances for a beanpole or for him to lay a chance off.
Honestly we just remember them being negative compared to other good attacking teams of that time I think, really though they honestly weren't as bad as Croatia at this tournament or the last World Cup, international football has more negative teams these days than it used to, even France 4 years ago were quite negative only countering when winning it.

Greece even had an energetic couple of fullbacks who'd get up and down the flanks, Seitaridis was being compared to Cafu in that tournament and won rave reviews, while Theo Zagorakis despite looking average at Leicester played like Pirlo their German manager was a tactical genius, they was a defensively solid outfit but definitely a more expansive attacking team than this current disgracefully negative Croatia team.

Whilst there is nothing wrong with your analysis there, I certainly do not hope they get eliminated. You are talking about a small footballing nation with barely 30 years of independence competing against global footballing giants with staggering success. There is much to be admired there.
This Croatian team despite having some big name players they're far more negative than Greece ever was, Greece only failed to score in one 90 minute match before scoring a silver goal in the semi final, they still created chances it's just the other teams were more attacking, Greece would try to create chances they had a dribbling playmaker like Giorgios Karangounis with attacking intent trying to make things happen, and they had accurate crosses delivered to the box trying to actively create chances for a beanpole or for him to lay a chance off.
Honestly we just remember them being negative compared to other good attacking teams of that time I think, really though they honestly weren't as bad as Croatia at this tournament or the last World Cup, international football has more negative teams these days than it used to, even France 4 years ago were quite negative only countering when winning it.

Greece even had an energetic couple of fullbacks who'd get up and down the flanks, Seitaridis was being compared to Cafu in that tournament and won rave reviews, while Theo Zagorakis despite looking average at Leicester played like Pirlo their German manager was a tactical genius, they was a defensively solid outfit but definitely a more expansive attacking team than this current disgracefully negative Croatia team.
Honestly, after watching the way City play for the pep years, I have been spoiled by watching the greatest style of the sport there is. Watching Croatia and Morocco is like watching how Premier league teams play us and it’s a frustrating watch. Anti football gets results, but it’s a detriment to the sport and the casual fan. The story is great but I can watch a movie for great stories, I want to see great football.

I just cheer for City players and want to see Messi get one. Alvarez has been great this tourney so I wouldn’t be upset if he won it. Croatia are boring and I hate France so it’s England Portugal or Argentina for me
Fair enough, I quite like Portugal too but I can't stomach ronaldo lol.

Denmark won it at the expense of the Croatians and other Balkans in the romantic fairy-tale.

They won 1 shoot out but were not a Greece, who rode their luck being very negative. Greece were a disgrace.
You are obviously one of people who doesn’t think there is any merit in a small team winning with limited players playing a limited game and that is fair enough, but in certain circumstances I beg to differ. Tell me, after now 56 years of England winning nothing would you accept a World Cup won with mostly negative football?

There's certainly something to be admired I just think they're the most negative team in World Cup history, I'm not just on about now but the last tournament too and it'd be sad if their best ever players are forgotten, mainly due to their current inferior side possibly getting to the final again twice in a row, they'd be at least 7 definite starters from the 98 team in their current one, this team has massively overachieved already with the dullest football I've ever seen in this and the last World Cup, so I think we can be happy for them even if they're knocked out, plus I think it'd set a precedent for being ultra defensive in international football other teams would follow their example, international football could genuinely die if at the next world Cup 2/3 of teams come out being boring and defensive.

Their spoiler tactics they employ will ruin every match they're involved in until they lose 1-0 or get truly hammered or win it, I'd rather see them eliminated and hope we get the chance to have a footballing spectacle rather than a team or two sitting back.
Fair enough, I just think there is room in football for all things discussed here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.