Cruises

Think you will find that cruise ships do more recycling than most. Also the latest ships are going to be run on liquified natural gas.
So all the horrific videos of them pumping oil shit into the sea and the air and human shit and all the other shit into the sea are wrong?

Do you embark on your doorstep or do you fly to do more polluting?

My next door neighbour also claims he only goes on the non polluter ships but as he can't be arsed recycling his household stuff l don't believe him.

The only good thing is that his floating pollution gets rid of him for several weeks a year.

So all the horrific videos of them pumping oil shit into the sea and the air and human shit and all the other shit into the sea are wrong?

Do you embark on your doorstep or do you fly to do more polluting?

My next door neighbour also claims he only goes on the non polluter ships but as he can't be arsed recycling his household stuff l don't believe him.

The only good thing is that his floating pollution gets rid of him for several weeks a year.
Look there have been horrific incidents involving cruise ships, but on the whole they are working extremely hard to reduce pollution. I think you will find that the merchant shipping fleets are far worse, do you want to do away with them? Most of my cruises are from Southampton, but I am also guilty of going on fly cruises especially to the Caribbean. I get far more upset when I am sat at traffic lights in my car pumping out pollutants whilst I wait for the pedestrian lights to go red, when there is no pedestrian to be seen anywhere.

I have been on 4 cruises and just booked one for Caribbean for Jan 2021.Depends what company you book with but dress code usualy very imformal but can dress up for the "Formal" or "Captains night. Excursions booked through the ship are usualy very well organized but expensive .Loads of places can just do your own thing .American ships you have to pay 10% gratuity fee .Meal times, most ships have snack bar from 10am till 6pm buffet style restaurant plus select dining room .you will soon suss out best time to go .If it busy they give you a buzzer so wait in a bar and they will buz you .on sea days round the pools it can be busy but again just suss out best time to have a dip .plenty of sunbeds all round the ship.Marella Cruise (Formally TUI & Thompsons) are all inclusive plus tips. MSC also all inclusive .other ships you pay for a drink package. Marella are a lot les informal but staff are brilliant and entertainment is great .Loads of agencies Planet Cruise ect might give you a better deal than booking direct .if you want more info just PM me

Cheers mate doing the Marella one I think ship just been upgraded
Have the drinks package included. One week around Italy and Croatia. Will probably only get off for venice Dubrovnik and one other that has slipped my mind.

Look there have been horrific incidents involving cruise ships, but on the whole they are working extremely hard to reduce pollution. I think you will find that the merchant shipping fleets are far worse, do you want to do away with them? Most of my cruises are from Southampton, but I am also guilty of going on fly cruises especially to the Caribbean. I get far more upset when I am sat at traffic lights in my car pumping out pollutants whilst I wait for the pedestrian lights to go red, when there is no pedestrian to be seen anywhere.
I am fully aware of the problems caused by merchant ships and thst they get an easy ride bevause they are necessary for world trade including food transportation. Its not for me from what i have seen. Butlins on the waves.

Surely sailing from Southampton means a significant part of the cruise is spent getting away from Britain.

I think the world can survive you waiting at a crossing waiting for some unseen person to cross. Perhaps it is our good friend the Invisible Man crossing Alan Turing Way on his way to the match?

Cheers mate doing the Marella one I think ship just been upgraded
Have the drinks package included. One week around Italy and Croatia. Will probably only get off for venice Dubrovnik and one other that has slipped my mind.
Am sure you will enjoy it ,once you suss everything out you will have a ball

Me and the wife went on a cruise of the med with MSC. We enjoyed it but not sure I would go with MSC again. They say that English is the first language on the ship but this wasn’t true- the food was Italian, most of the guests and staff are Italians so was the entertainment. Few tips...

if you can afford it buy the premium drinks package. Especially if you like a drink.

if you’re buying any excursions buy them before you sail for the discount. Try to read up on where you’re stops are to assess if the trips are worthwhile.

if you can afford it buy an outside cabin. We didn’t and you wake up in the morning in complete darkness - plus it feels claustrophobic

check the cruise company policy on gratuities. Some charge them automatically after a couple of days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.