Cruises

First cruise we did was a Celebrity cruise to Alaska from Vancouver.
After the first few hours wanted to get off the boat, couldn’t stand it.

Fortunately our dinner was in an exclusive restaurant and things improved immeasurably. Learnt to keep away from the millions of cunts around the pool, in the buffet and at the shows, which we avoided.

Best bit was the premium drinks package which allowed us to sip Champagne or cocktails with premium spirits on the rear deck, taking fresh pizza from the buffet but not staying there.

Up close at a humpback and glaciers was worth it.

Two months ago did a ‘cruise’ on the MS Lofeten to the Arctic Circle from Bergen. Tiny old ship still going to ports taking on passengers and goods to deliver further up the coast.
Got to see the Northern Lights, majestic.

Yesterday we booked a cruise from Punta Arenas in Chile, through Patagonia round Cape Horn and on to Antarctica. The highlight being a total solar eclipse.
Not going until November 2021 though.
Looking to add a week around the Galapagos on a much smaller boat and do some diving as we’re over there.

We were thinking of booking one of those Norwegian cruises on the “service” route ourselves. Would be interested to know how it compares to regular cruises comfort wise. We booked a circumnavigation of Iceland instead.

I thought I’d done with cruising after the couple of Mediterranean ones we’d done, I can do without all the entertainment on board. The Iceland cruise is smaller than the big ships we’ve been on before which will suit us better

I've been on a probationary period going on 11 fuckin' years; )

I quite like asterisk swearing btw, it's endearing: )
Oh, I know, your dossier is part of the new mod onboarding.

We actually lost two recruits before they even started when it fell on them from the shelf. They’re still lying there under it, the poor ****s, since Ric won’t pop for removal, as that would establish liability and we still have legal counsel trying to determine how we can blame you. ;-)

We were thinking of booking one of those Norwegian cruises on the “service” route ourselves. Would be interested to know how it compares to regular cruises comfort wise. We booked a circumnavigation of Iceland instead.

I thought I’d done with cruising after the couple of Mediterranean ones we’d done, I can do without all the entertainment on board. The Iceland cruise is smaller than the big ships we’ve been on before which will suit us better
I hate the ‘entertainment’, cruises, hotels, camp sites.... rather listen to some music or watch a film.

There’s only one ship on the Norwegian line that is a ‘working ship’. No more than 120 passengers and had to eat in two sittings!
No entertainment and stops about three to four times a day.
The cabin was two bunks and tiny. We had no room to move in it was the cases were in.

And it was about a quarter of the price of their other cruises.

Oh, I know, your dossier is part of the new mod onboarding.

We actually lost two recruits before they even started when it fell on them from the shelf. They’re still lying there under it, the poor ****s, since Ric won’t pop for removal, as that would establish liability and we still have legal counsel trying to determine how we can blame you. ;-)
Blame me, I don't mind being the new Sterling to blame.

I'm still waiting for the bill for the broken mirror in the mod room; )

Blame me, I don't mind being the new Sterling to blame.

I'm still waiting for the bill for the broken mirror in the mod room; )
I wondered why Ric told me not to ask about that bloody thing during the first day tour... cruise.

And we are back on topic. ;-)

Sorry, I don't do cruises. I'd probably be slung overboard for taking the piss; )
images

I went on a cruise last year.
I cruised my own little boat from Falmouth to Valencia. Singlehanded.
Awesome.
Im cruising around the balearics this year :-)
That is the sort of cruise I would enjoy.

Taking your boat with my missus, I mean — I don’t want to take on the expense of having my own. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.