Crumbling relationships...

Have you and your Mrs been to counselling sessions mate?

We have, yes - we even had what I thought would be the last one this morning (happy valentine's day). It has been helping us both without question. Trouble is, these sessions can only widen your eyes to your joint behaviour, they cannot stop you doing the things that you do or change characteristics that are at the very core of your being. We are living in separate houses with our separate nippers already so I suppose at least that bit is done.

We have also been getting along swimmingly for the past few months, though have continued to fall out due to different versions of the clash that we always fall out about. Me taking an informed, logical decision or action - her disagreeing with that and trying to dictate what I do to suit her idea of what I should be doing, saying or thinking - which then escalates in to increasing tensions, gnashing of teeth and stamping of feet. In a nutshell this is what is driving us apart, although we both are saying we love each other completely and are trying to get to the heart of these matters so we can act and react in a more reasonable manner and learn how to head these off at the pass.

Not sure whether the best thing to do is just let it go and crack on with my life or carry on with this. We're booked in for the next session for the moment, though not sure if it's just prolonging the agony. The Mrs is beautiful, sexy, great with my children, drinks pints and watches city so is definitely a keeper (obviously if she could just understand that I'm always right...)

Let's see what happens...

The Mrs is beautiful, sexy, great with my children, drinks pints and watches city so is definitely a keeper..

That's a cracking combination you will struggle to find ever again mate, dig in and stick with her or give me her number.. ;-)

We have, yes - we even had what I thought would be the last one this morning (happy valentine's day). It has been helping us both without question. Trouble is, these sessions can only widen your eyes to your joint behaviour, they cannot stop you doing the things that you do or change characteristics that are at the very core of your being. We are living in separate houses with our separate nippers already so I suppose at least that bit is done.

We have also been getting along swimmingly for the past few months, though have continued to fall out due to different versions of the clash that we always fall out about. Me taking an informed, logical decision or action - her disagreeing with that and trying to dictate what I do to suit her idea of what I should be doing, saying or thinking - which then escalates in to increasing tensions, gnashing of teeth and stamping of feet. In a nutshell this is what is driving us apart, although we both are saying we love each other completely and are trying to get to the heart of these matters so we can act and react in a more reasonable manner and learn how to head these off at the pass.

Not sure whether the best thing to do is just let it go and crack on with my life or carry on with this. We're booked in for the next session for the moment, though not sure if it's just prolonging the agony. The Mrs is beautiful, sexy, great with my children, drinks pints and watches city so is definitely a keeper (obviously if she could just understand that I'm always right...)

I hope it works out for you mate, I really do. I'd definitely say it's worth doing everything you can to try to save it. I wish you all the best, however things pan out.

Tbf mate, what you described is married life. You can make it work with a bit of give and take. Thank me when all is reconciled :-)

Reading this makes me feel lucky to have managed to pick a good one. Still happily married after 18yrs and have been together quite a bit longer.

My last two I have just come home and found they have just fucked off and I have been completely oblivious that they were unhappy.

A clean sharp exit has had its benefits.

Still my proudest moment as a city fan that I went to city sheff wed in the league cup an hour after coming home and finding she had fucked off after 12 years.

City and my kids are my true loves.

My last two I have just come home and found they have just fucked off and I have been completely oblivious that they were unhappy.

A clean sharp exit has had its benefits.

Still my proudest moment as a city fan that I went to city sheff wed in the league cup an hour after coming home and finding she had fucked off after 12 years.

City and my kids are my true loves.

A similar thing happened to one of my good friends, happily married (or so he thought!). He was working away during the week and coming home for the weekends all fine and in good spirits then he said when he was away one week he just had a gut feeling something wasn't right and when he got back home that weekend the full house was just cleared from top to bottom, even his mountain bike!!! This is a guy who thought he was happily married. Some are just unhinged completely and appear fine on the surface at face value but can change like a flick of a switch and be cold as ice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.