Crvena Zvezda (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

Just give Rodri a blank chequebook and a contract for life. Quickly becoming one of my all time favourite city players. He's synonymous with what this team stands for right now.

A truly magnificent footballer. Get every single scientist in a room and work out how to clone this man.

Our most important player.

Entertaining game and overall a decent performance, especially 2nd half when we completely dominated. Alvarez continues to impress and is undroppable the way he is playing at the moment.

Felt like we were toying with them for 42 minutes, then they scored and we went oh fuck, we're losing! Pep made a 1st half sub!
Got our act together sharpish 2nd half and never looked back

Job done, thats the most important thing. Alvarez impressing again! Rodri is just amazing. Doku is exiting but need to work on his passing.

Not a particularly impressive performance imo considering the opposition was probably the worst CL team I've ever seen and we were losing at half time, but we managed to get a deserved win in the end. Finishing was very poor today and needs to improve. Didn't cost us points today since the opposition were awful, but it did force us to keep Rodri on the pitch for 80+ mins instead of being able to rest him early.
Hopefully taking Bernardo off was just a precaution, the last thing we need is him injuried.

3 days after tough game at Wet Spam
Just off the international break
Bedding in new players
Empty bench
4 starters out
Bernie going off

Win 3-1

What's not to like?
Bernie going off injured

I know we all moan in the matchday thread. Apparently that’s what it’s there for….. but,

Dare I say it, yes we are rusty, yes perhaps we seem sloppy, but there is not a helluva lot wrong with our game. We are playing some beautiful tight space football.
We are bedding in some fabulous purchases. And the likes of Gomez and especially Alvarez who is starting to really shine, are taking their chance with relish.

I said after the West Ham game that we look like we are playing at a pace where we are nursing ourselves into things, bearing in mind we are going for a quadruple this year. It’s like we know how long the season is and we are just doing enough to win these games.

But some of the football we are playing is astounding even for this time in the season.
Honestly, when we do click and start finishing everything we start then I don’t care who you put in front of us. It must scare the league watching our development with key players out injured.

I think we’re miles ahead of this time last year.

If we create 30 chances a game, I'll live with the results.
If we create as many as we did today then we probably would win all our matches regardless of the opponent. We can’t just keep wasting easy chances though because at some point chances might dry up but like I said I trust Pep and the players to sort it out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.