Crystal Palace (a) FA Cup Pre-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crystal Palace remain without forwards Wilfried Zaha and Bakary Sako against Manchester City despite their Africa Cup of Nations involvement ending.

Striker Fraizer Campbell and goalkeeper Steve Mandanda are back in training, but Scott Dann (hamstring) and Julian Speroni (knee) are doubts.

City captain Vincent Kompany, who has not played since November because of a knee injury, is fit.

Teenage Brazil forward Gabriel Jesus is in contention to make his first start.

City beat Palace away in the league in November, with Yaya Toure scoring twice on his shock return to the team - in Kompany's most recent appearance.

The Londoners are 18th in the table, two points adrift of a position of safety.

Yeah you're not getting it. There's six games being shown live at 3pm worldwide tomorrow.

We are not one of them due to the BBC claiming the game for Sunday potentially before the replay. That meant that the over seas companies chose other games and now no **** is showing us.

Not everyone can get to a game 4,500 miles away.

So you're complaining that because the BBC (a broadcasting company) looked at potentially showing this on TV, other broadcasting companies booked in other games...
I get that people want to watch the game, but you get to watch most these days and radio links will be available. The situation is a lot better now for foreign fans, or those that can't get to games than it ever has been before. And I'm old school, I hate watching on TV, the radio makes me more nervous and I fucking hated going to an FA Cup final with a kick off at 5.30pm regardless of the fact we lost so people abroad could watch it at a more convenient time than those actually attending.

It's an age old argument. I'm happy that people abroad can watch, I lived in Australia for two years and couldn't make a game. I also happened to leave in Jan 2011 and therefore missed our FA Cup final win, having to rely on texts from my Mum because the town I was in had shut down the only pub because of the time difference, I had no internet/computer or place in the town to find a way to watch or listen. I had to go into an internet cafe first thing in the morning to watch highlights and it was gutting not to have been there when I'd been there through the yo-yo times! I also missed the league win, having to watch the QPR game in a hostel, though it was a great experience because everyone was for City that day.

Even when I was in OZ though I would have preferred the games to be convenient for match going fans more than myself. If fans aren't in the ground you instantly lose what the game is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.