Crystal Palace (A) - Mon 14th March, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not too confident, having watched the home game highlights vs them (linked below), we hardly had any great chances and were 1-0 and a man down in HT already due to Laporte awful mistakes of giving away the ball then making an awful tackle costing a red.

and we never really got going in 2nd half either, and then their 2nd goal killed us really from a poor defending.

We need to play so much better today than in that game to get anything out of this and we must get 3 points, no question about that. I am very pessimistic about Arsenal's ability to stop Liverpool on Wednesday. we need a win imo today to have at least 3 points lead once their game in hand goes away.

Lose today and their motivation will go up big time to beat Arsenal and go on top with better GD. Last thing we need now...

Vieira is not a bad manager, even in the games he lost vs top clubs those were kind of close games in a few cases just lost due to last minute goals.
He can make it really difficult for us unless we start in a big tempo.
dont give them a full first half to grow into the game.

For what it's worth, our first ever game v Palace was an away Cup tie in 1921.

We lost 2-0.

Our next meeting was another Cup tie, in 1926. A home game, and we won 11-4, with Frank Roberts bagging five goals.

Our highest ever score, I fancy.
Our highest score was 11-3 v Lincoln unless my Panini album memory has dealt me a dog turd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.