Crystal Palace (A) | Post-Match Thread

when he first come to city jesus was the future ? sadly he has not developed enough to nail down his place and now will be on the bench with aguero sterling before him ? like i said manchester city are a the stage that we can not carry anybody. you have to bring something to the table to keep your place

manchester city next season will be a different club in the forward line and both jesus and sterling could be sold to make way for new blood and delap will be given a squad place

sterling would suit a move to london arsenal or spurs. jesus could be off to spain and a top club over there
city will bring in 2 new strikers one will be haaland the other could be somebody with a bit more age and established striker
Wow do you know something we all dont :)

when he first come to city jesus was the future ? sadly he has not developed enough to nail down his place and now will be on the bench with aguero sterling before him ? like i said manchester city are a the stage that we can not carry anybody. you have to bring something to the table to keep your place

manchester city next season will be a different club in the forward line and both jesus and sterling could be sold to make way for new blood and delap will be given a squad place

sterling would suit a move to london arsenal or spurs. jesus could be off to spain and a top club over there
city will bring in 2 new strikers one will be haaland the other could be somebody with a bit more age and established striker

Lottery numbers for next week please mate? DM them. Ta.

i don't see it has foden that took his place something else happened with pep & sterling ? maybe we will never get to know why but from being first choice to now just a bench warmer is a puzzle. am a big fan of sterling and the lad worked so hard on his game to a point that he was being talked about be one of the best strikers in world football

i don't think its the false 9 as well because sterling can play right across the front line. maybe its time for a move and if it was money (wages) then pep and city are right to sell him because nobody in this city team is bigger than the manager or club

from what i heard sterling was after renewing his contract with better wages because others have been rewarded
and is not happy with what happened ? its just what i heard and hope its wrong. but with him on the bench and watching him in the games in the premier league the body language speaks volumes

if somebody offers us £50million i think the club would take the offer right now ?
YeH he seems to have been distracted by something, however no lack of effort today just seems to be trying too hard to get it to click.

I'm not sure he fits into our possession based play any more but selling him would be a huge call for the club. I think I'd rather have him than face him but let's see. Class permanent form temporary, as we've witnessed recently with other players written off

It's great to see that he appreciates what a privileged young man he is. He is young, fit and healthy and getting paid hundreds of thousands of pounds to play outside in the spring sunshine. He knows he is fortunate to have a great future unlike millions of unemployed compatriots. Well done Wilf !
Clarkie is busy today.

Almost there.

Not the most sparkling of performances, it was all a little bit after the Lord Mayor's show, but it was efficient and barring a couple of scares it was a performance once again of professionalism and of dominance.

I doubt there are many club sides in the world that could make so many changes and still a field a starting eleven that in its own right would be challenging for titles.

Palace away 3 days after a huge CL tie away was always going to be a tough ask and Palace made it very difficult for us in the first half with a solid defence and totally committed group of players prepared to give everything for their shirt. I have to commend them and Mr Hodgson for that. It is ironically the sort of game PSG probably don't have very often in their league, it does show the strength of the PL. Games like yesterday prepare us for tougher challenges, as we saw against PSG, we never panicked, we kept on playing our way, with total belief that our class will eventually wear down the other side and chances will be created.

What a beautiful finish from Sergio, the ball in from Mendy made the finish possible, it was hit with pace, which enabled Sergio to take the touch away from the marker and into space, it is a rare ability to do that and one we will miss, boy did he enjoy it and I am certain everyone here felt a lump in their throat at seeing the great once again reminding us of him in his pomp. There is no room for sentiment in football, but knowing Sergio is on the bench if we need a goal in the last 10 minutes of a CL semi or final offers hope of another 93-20 moment and how fitting would that be if his career at our club was to end in that fashion. Yes it is romantic, but we can dream.

The players who came in yesterday impressed, I thought Mendy was excellent and I still have hope he can have a great career at City, he is a likeable lad and obviously very popular, he also offers us width and a superb crossing ability. I have long been a fan of Ake, he has been unfortunate this season with injuries, but he defends properly. He uses the ball well and will not let us down and having him gives us 4 fantastic centre halves.

I felt for Raheem yesterday, yes he has had a dip in form and looks ordinary at the moment, his ordinary though is still very special and if anybody thinks selling him on the back of a run of games where he has obviously been low in confidence forgets how good he has been and how good he can be. He needs an old fashioned goal in off his backside and he will be up and running again, that is all, you cannot doubt his commitment, he never stops trying and working hard and just like Stones he will turn this around because class is enduring,

Young Torres could be very special, he has had a decent first season for a young man in a new league in a new country. His finish was superb, he was so cam, he is quick, his movement is fantastic and he is well worth a place in the squad, eventually I think he will play centrally and will score goals. He is at the right club with the right teacher and I expect huge improvement from him next season.

Its like living in a dream at the moment, we have one trophy in the bag, we could be Champions later today and are slight favourites to reach the CL final, if you had said to me as I was walking out of Edgeley Park after just being beaten by Stockport County in the 3rd tier that one day this would happen I would have thought you were insane.

Really shows how much we missed having Aguero in the team. I saw that against PSG when many times I though Aguero would have scored some of the crosses you made

Great Work and 3 points to go

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.