Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

Foden should not be playing false 9 and Gundo should have come on for Rodri who could have quite easily been sent off. He got frustrated and lost his temper.

The exact sub we said. And Foden to come off. He was useless.
Was sat in top tier of their big stand last night with a mate who's a Palace fan. He was raving about Foden and the amount of really good intelligent runs he was making. The problem was our play was to slow and no one either saw or bothered looking for the pass.

First time checking site after last night. Noticed from the stands pep having a long chat with their goalkeeper. Was this caught on camera? Pep literally walked from the dug out straight to the Palace goal on the full time whistle. Can only assume he was having a go at him regarding the time wasting.

I can't remember mate but was early 1st half
Interesting, worth a complaint as I heard the Palace fans very loud all game, I thought it was maybe due to where the mic was placed.
I wasn’t there so hard to complain about atmosphere but my mate said fans were very quiet last night. We’ll need to bring it for Burnley and intimidate the scouse scum at the Etihad, perhaps we should organise a bus welcoming

Does that mean we can't point out that our manager who moans about not having 5 substitutions doesnt make big ones in a game needing something?

Hate to admit it, but we do look just as likely to blow having it in our hands as we do actually controlling it. Since January, when we won the league, the longest winning run we have managed, is two games in a row. We are so aloof about it, keep saying liverpool will drop points too, but they are yet to do so, and the momentum is currently very much in their favour, and the pressure is building on us, not on them. Once they are a point behind, coming to our place, it will really test what the guys, and Pep, are made of. Could do with Arsenal getting something, just to take the sting out if it.
you can't question Pep on here mate .
there are more sheep than an Australian sheep convention.

Interesting, worth a complaint as I heard the Palace fans very loud all game, I thought it was maybe due to where the mic was placed.
I wasn’t there so hard to complain about atmosphere but my mate said fans were very quiet last night. We’ll need to bring it for Burnley and intimidate the scouse scum at the Etihad, perhaps we should organise a bus welcoming
Ye after they turned it down I never heard us again.

We have to raise the roof again the dippers and I trust we will hopefully clinical City turn up.

Nothing wrong with the intensity or mentality, looked to be one of those games as the chances came and went.

Said at the weekend it was a tough game and same will be said for Leeds, West Ham, Burnley and Wolves.

We are currently paying the price because of a shit first half at Southampton and a very late goal against Spurs, as we lost our margin for error.

It could yet be a very big point and still affords us the cushion of a draw at home to Liverpool, if we are to be perfect elsewhere.

My only gripe is the correlation between our dropped points this season coming against the same teams.

To lose 15 points to just Spurs, Palace and Southampton takes some swallowing.

I expect Liverpool to win at Arsenal but our team has been down this road before.

What frustrates me most is that most of the points we drop are in games that we really should have won, based on performance in the matches. Based on squad quality, we should win every game but real life ain't like that. As we all know, what lets us down is finishing. Not just in terms of dropped points but simply not beating teams more easily. That also means we do not put as much fear in our opponents as would be the case if we had more genuine firepower.

Let's hope we can do enough to achieve some serious silverware this season and address the issue in the summer window.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.