Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

how annoying! we're still 4 clear but it rankled watching that, the worst bit being the apparent jitters in a lot of players.

I think the spine was good - Ederson (fine when needed), Stones, Laporte (less so), Rodri (was ok) and KdB were all generally good but the full backs and wide play was way below our normal service. Cancelo had a bit of a mare if i'm honest, surprised he lasted the 90. Walker completely underestimated that Matthews lad, who was excellent by the way, but was retained for his pace going back which was justified late on a couple of times. Mahrez and Bernie uncharacteristically wasteful while Foden just couldnt get into it. Grealish was ok, not sure he deserves the pelters he's getting!

I thought Palace rode their luck but played an excellent game, dug in so well and their discipline was pretty good. They were helped by the fact we struggled with the ball to feet a bit. All in all frustrating but there's a way to go yet.

torn over last night, it was a bit of both in everything
think it's 2 points dropped as I'm sure the scousers would have score but then I think it's a good point

think we played well but then think we weren't on it

one of those games where Pep's lack of changes annoys me, wasn't hard to see that Foden, Walker & Cancelo were not in the game or just not delivering and some of the other players were hot and cold - Rodri had a mare in the last 15 minutes as Kev was obviously telling him at one point

Grealish had a decent game and seems to be sticking up for himself a bit more, just needs some end product

starting to lose count over the number of times in the last few weeks Walker has either cost us a goal or put us in trouble by doing something daft, you can tell by his normal behaviour that he doesn't have a brain but he seems to be in a really poor state at the moment

I liked their left back, looks a tidy player, some of the other diving cheating play acting cunts can fuck off

Nothing wrong with the intensity or mentality, looked to be one of those games as the chances came and went.

Said at the weekend it was a tough game and same will be said for Leeds, West Ham, Burnley and Wolves.

We are currently paying the price because of a shit first half at Southampton and a very late goal against Spurs, as we lost our margin for error.

It could yet be a very big point and still affords us the cushion of a draw at home to Liverpool, if we are to be perfect elsewhere.

My only gripe is the correlation between our dropped points this season coming against the same teams.

To lose 15 points to just Spurs, Palace and Southampton takes some swallowing.

I expect Liverpool to win at Arsenal but our team has been down this road before.
This team as you quite rightly say has been down this road before but the margins for error are tiny, whether we like it or not the scousers are a superb team who are capable of going unbeaten until the end of the season.

We produced a pathetic performance against Spurs yet they still threw us the lifeline of a point but we even blew that, that defeat could come back to haunt us.

The winter break did us no favours, some of our stand out performers earlier in the season ( Rodri, Bernardo, Gundo and Cancelo) have struggled to get back to the incredible levels they were showing.

It's the morning !

Not sure what I feel I think it's more a case of it wasnt a great game regardless of the score. The bottom line is I like to watch a good game.

Lots of people, fans, press/media seem to like an anti football style of football. Its not for me. They rave about a team playing with 11 behind the ball.
This isnt being spoilt brat, as a game of football if it hadnt been City playing I would have turned over.

City had chances and some saying Sergio would have scored the ones Bernie misses. Seen Sergio miss sitters.

If all premier league games are attack against defence I would stop watching.

It wasn’t for the lack of effort, just wasn’t our night in the end. We run the risk of this type of result without a striker. In fact I’m amazed we’ve got this far without one. It’s incredible really.
You've got to wonder if Haaland watches games like that and counts how many a season he'd get in this team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.