Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

Still 4 clear.

They've got 2 matches before our next one. They'll get giddy and we'll take them.

Paddy V seems to have our number. For now...

One for Madchester here. At least we won't have the distraction of an FA Cup semi-final to worry about this season, unlike Liverpool & Chelski. Likewise we are not sharp enough to get past any of the remaining Euro contenders, unless United miraculously scramble through. For those reasons and the strength of our squad, we should hold off Liverpool for the league title.
We are good enough to win the FA cup and the champions league

Just like to say a massive well done to everyone that went last night we ourselves were traveling for over 15 hours ,and a big fuck off to city matters that think this merits no loyalty points and a dead rubber home game v sporting does ,thank you so much :+(

How the hell did we not win that last night ? Totally dominated them and had some guilt edge chances. Bernies two chances alone would normally have been tucked away. It just wasn't to be in the end and credit to Palace, they were brilliantly organized on the edge of their box. The lads gave their all in search of the winner. At least we didn't concede a sucker punch goal.

Last edited:
but something changed at halftime the first half was shoot if chance created the second half we went with it'll happen sooner or later and be patient
Yeah but was there anybody who didn't think at half time that it'll happen sooner or later and be patient?

I know you didn't necessarily think that, but for clarity, wasnt claiming it is bollocks, just that I don't get it.

But fair enough, if I find time at some point, may look into it.

Yeah I mean the majority on BM that comment on analytics not you yourself.

Im a stats head and I realise a lot aren’t and prefer to use their eyes.

There is no denying though that analytics has proven some myths to be false though people only remember the exceptions.

Two that spring to mind;

Teams play better with ten men.

The teams at the bottom are harder to beat than a mid table team as they are fighting for something.

Reactions: OB1
How the hell did we not win that last night ? Totally dominated them and had some guilt edge chances. Bernies two chances alone would normally have been tucked away. It just wasn't to be in the end and credit to Palace, they were brilliantly organized on the edge of their box. The lads gave their all in search of the winner. At least we didn't conceded a sucker punch goal.
Seemingly, going by the reaction on here from a lot of our fans, there is no plus side.

Passing my was awful from some, Cancelo gave the ball away numerous times (again) playing the wrong pass that was easily intercepted and broke down our attacking moments and put them on the counter.

Rodri was his usual shite self in the midfield with clumsy tackles, he just bundles players over and sloppy passing, KDB give him a gob full for a shocking pass and rightly so.

I thought Walker, Laporte and Cancelo looked sloppy at times in the first half.

Silva and Grealish occupied the same spaces far to often and far too rigidly. Silva is better tucked more inside and into the half space between their midfielders and defenders. Grealish just isn’t a wide attacking player. No pace, limited skill set. Foden and Grealish should swap positions more for me. But that’s peps call.

I’ve noticed recently we play a lot of hit and hope crosses. Rather than hitting a clinical decisive target in the box when we hit the bi-line. But then again, to often the clinical target in the box is what we are missing and that’s our biggest problem in games like this. It’s obvious to say but any decent striker scores last night.

its just another day move on and we are still top with a point in hand. if it was 38 games played we would be champions so let the media say what they like. let them give liverpool points before they even play we still have to play them at our ground.

lady luck has a habit of doing things the hard way for us and a bad patch of games but we are still top.
just watch some of the highlights and its crazy that we spanked united last week and this when nothing was going to change the result we could still be playing now ?

but i want to highlight the thing that gets me mad ? cheating and faking injury to change the tempo
players going down and taking 3 minutes to get drinks and refuel for the whole team its cheating and needs to be stopped. it happened about 3 or 4 times last night and its always when we are on the front foot in the game and it kills the tempo and we lose momentum.

we are a fantastic club and fans
we are built on loyalty and love not glory
win or lose we know the dark dark days of nothing

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.