Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

One of the things I loved about City -- and why I fell in love with the club in the dark days -- was the sardonic wit and black humo(u)r of the fans, the belief in "typical City", the self-deprecating songs.

Glad most of the "whole life" fans I know continue such behavio(u)rs, beliefs and traditions, success or no.

Obviously I know you aren't scouse, you fuckin' igloo, but no one would figure that from your ever-present moaning and wailing.
Apologies, I thought you were actually calling me a scouser so I was defensive!

Sometimes sarcasm doesn’t compute with me!!

One of the things I loved about City -- and why I fell in love with the club in the dark days -- was the sardonic wit and black humo(u)r of the fans, the belief in "typical City", the self-deprecating songs.

Glad most of the "whole life" fans I know continue such behavio(u)rs, beliefs and traditions, success or no.

Obviously I know you aren't scouse, you fuckin' igloo, but no one would figure that from your ever-present moaning and wailing.
Great post
The younger generation expects us to win everything all the time
It’s just not how football works
Fuming about missing a few chances while actually turning in a decent performance with plenty effort is harsh….but disappointment is natural.

To be honest I don’t have a great deal of faith in either of those to change a game in the last 15 mins but it was probably worth a try.

Sterling especially is ineffective quite often as a sub. But both he and Jesus and especially Gundogan have a good knack of grabbing a goal. All them giants stood in a line last night, i’m sure Sterling may have found a tired limb to run in to!

If Arsenal weren't in such good form and Liverpool not in a downturn of their form I'd have agreed. As it is though, anyone who's been paying attention to both teams these past few weeks, will probably tell you don't count on Liverpool steam rolling them.
Can't see it myself, off the top of my head, Arsenal have not beaten or taken a point off any top 6 club is far this season?

Can't see it myself, off the top of my head, Arsenal have not beaten or taken a point off any top 6 club is far this season?
Have they played any in the past few weeks though?

I've not said Liverpool will definitely drop points, if Liverpool get back to their best, they are capable of steamrolling them but I was making the point about the recent form of both clubs and what that should logically indicate.

To be fair, I was thinking today that us dropping points might just rejuvenate them/give them the mental boost they needed. As someone was saying the other day on here, it's probably not a co-incidence Klopp was moaning that there should be 5 subs, just as their form started to dip. So I guess the point is, lets just wait and see. They should be beating Arsenal with the squad they have, so I'm ready for any outcome in that game. Not getting my hopes up too high for a favour from Arsenal but I wouldn't be shocked if they do take points off them either.

Are people forgetting the game they gave us in Jan? It was probably that performance that started their good run of form(although I wasn't following them closely before that I admit).

Last edited:
Apologies, I thought you were actually calling me a scouser so I was defensive!

Sometimes sarcasm doesn’t compute with me!!
Fine, but your takeaway SHOULD be "You know, Foggy's right, and so is everyone else -- I whin(g)e and complain all the fucking time -- maybe I should remember that we aren't going to beat everyone by six, that setbacks are part of what make the victories and trophies sweeter, that we have an incredible manager and side but they’re all human and aren’t perfect, and resolve to see the good in our performances as well as the bad when don't City win."

Last edited:
Have they played any in the past few weeks though?

I've not said Liverpool will definitely drop points, if Liverpool get back to their best, they are capable of steamrolling them but I was making the point about the recent form of both clubs and what that should logically indicate.

To be fair, I was thinking today that us dropping points might just rejuvenate them/give them the mental boost they needed. As someone was saying the other day on here, it's probably not a co-incidence Klopp was moaning that there should be 5 subs, just as their form started to dip. So I guess the point is, lets just wait and see. They should be beating Arsenal with the squad they have, so I'm ready for any outcome in that game. Not getting my hopes up too high for favour from Arsenal but wouldn't be shocked if they do take points off them either.

Are people forgetting the game they gave us in Jan? It was probably that performance that started their good run of form(although I wasn't following them closely before that I admit).
Hope you're right pal and I admire your confidence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.