Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

If Bernardo doesn’t inexplicably shit the bed from half a yard he gets a great assist.

Bernardo cost us tonight. Not Grealish.

Yes, but Bernardo has won us countless points. Grealish was by no means the worst player out there last night. But he, based on his City career to date is just about the last player you’d expect to grab a scrappy winner. Jesus and Sterling the most likely.

Palace defended very well, they also had several chances to score. Gallagher could have scored the winner at the end of the match.
We were never anywhere near our slick, quick passing best as against Sporting or MUFC.
So why didn't Pep change things ?
Pep could obviously see that Rodri was under-performing (he was slower than usual, facing towards his defence too often when receiving the ball, seldom passing forward) and was getting rattled. Why didn't he bring Fernie or Gundo on to replace him after 60 minutes ?
Mahrez also got more frustrated and ratty as the young full-back kept pushing him onto his far inferior, right foot.
Bernado was also getting ratty, as was KDB at Rodri's under-hit pass.
Their defence may have been spooked if we had put Jesus or Raheem on for the last 20 minutes.
They are both far more unpredictable than Mahrez, with even Jack also getting dispirited.
Pep seldom makes early or all 3 substitutions - he should have done both, last night.
Still think we will defend the League though...
Totally agree, if Pep has one failing it's his use of subs. We wouldn't have scored if we'd played until midnight last night with that same eleven on the pitch. Why no Delap on the bench as well instead of one of the two keepers which isn't needed, scored two for the eds the other day but Pep is too reluctant to give him any minutes , I don't understand it

Totally agree, if Pep has one failing it's his use of subs. We wouldn't have scored if we'd played until midnight last night with that same eleven on the pitch. Why no Delap on the bench as well instead of one of the two keepers which isn't needed, scored two for the eds the other day but Pep is too reluctant to give him any minutes , I don't understand it
Your last 4 words were all you needed to post.

The usual Guardiola love in on here. Its a fucking football forum. If posters believe Pep fucked up they're well entitled to say so just as much as those who think hes a God get to defend him.
Is that not happening? I’m pretty sure I’ve read plenty of posts saying fucked up without being told they aren’t allowed.

Yes, but Bernardo has won us countless points. Grealish was by no means the worst player out there last night. But he, based on his City career to date is just about the last player you’d expect to grab a scrappy winner. Jesus and Sterling the most likely.
To be honest I don’t have a great deal of faith in either of those to change a game in the last 15 mins but it was probably worth a try.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.