Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

Must have been watching a different game , i thought we were excellent tonight , hit the post twice and missed a hatful of chances overall performance was superb but our finishing was awful and it cost us two points. If we play like that for the rest of the season and our players start taking chances we will be fine , on another night we win 6-0 and everyone is lauding the team. Would be more concerned if we were creating nothing , Palace led a charmed life tonight it happens occasionally in a season. Quite sure we will respond against Burnley.

I'm glad I gave the match thread a miss.

Disappointing result, but aside from the poor finishing though City weren't "shite" at all for me. Bernardo, Cancelo and Rodri have had better games but they weren't shit either. As for Foden the space just wasn't there for him, lets not scapegoat.

The fact is City outplayed them, created plenty of chances, hit the woodwork twice, Mahrez, Bernardo, Laporte should have all scored. It just wouldn't go in.

As usual the flappers will overreact but Liverpool will most likely drop points too before we play them. They've been riding their luck already recently but getting away with it. What they do have is out and out goalscorers upfront to bail them out but even they can have off games where that doesn't happen.
They have much better forwards and that wins games for them that they don’t deserve to win. We have one forward who either doesn’t want to play there or Pep doesn’t rate him there or at all it seems at the moment, and so we constantly play one of our most talented players in that position and he is invisible. Why Pep keeps doing it is beyond me, particularly against strong defenders.

We didn't do a lot wrong, nobody can be perfect in every game, everyone should know that by now. Liverpool haven't been brilliant lately and have got away with it, that won't work for them every week until the end of the season.

Don't get carried away with this "must win this game" media hype, there are 27 points to play for yet. Anything could happen.
Of course the season is not over. But watching them play and watching us play, I think they look more likely to win any given game than we do right now.

Of course things can change - our form may improve; theirs could dip; there could be key injuries or suspensions.

But if things do not change, I think Liverpool will be champions this season.

ZERO shots on goal, and only 4 attempts to score in the entire second half when we supposedly was going all in for a goal against a pretty bad Palace. Simply not good enough.

For some reason, which my simple mind will never understand, Pep (who I love, god bless him) thought us creating absolutely nothing in the second half was not a good enough reason to make a sub or try something new. This was probably the easiest point Palace will get all season, just had to stand in their own penalty box watching us pass the ball between our defenders for 15 minutes before we decide to put a cross in which they will just head away 100 times out of 100. Mahrez, Foden, Grealish all looking very poor tonight in my opinion, and our defenders seemed to take turns giving them counters in the first half. How they all managed to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes is astonishing.

I am very worried about our form at the moment, we were 14 pts ahead of Liverpool just 2 months ago, will probably be 1 on Wednesday. Its the same thing game after game, if we dont get an early goal we will struggle to score at all. No goals today. No goals the last game. 60+ mins before we could score on Peterborough. 80+ mins before we could score on Everton (a game we probably should have dropped points in as well if we didnt get insanely lucky with a ref decision). Lost against f*cking Spurs as usual. Only game we played well in the last 6 was against United, but even Watford batter them so not sure only beating them with 3 goals was a good sign either.

We looked immense earlier this season but unfortunately we seem to be unable to keep that level up this year. If we lose the league to Liverpool after being 14 pts ahead of them, it would be one of the biggest bottle jobs Premier League has ever seen. We still have everything in our own hands. But we need to shape up, and do it fast. We dont have any more lifelines left!
Disappointing comments, so much negativity. We may not be playing our best but this team are not bottle jobs.

We shud of won by at least 4 tonight it dint happen we move on,dont get caught up in the bullshit,yess liverpool are a good side,but they aint city,they shud of dropped against west ham at home last week and lost the cup final!,
They will get rolled by arsenal on wens,that is the one game this season ill hold my hands up an say yer fair enough,we shud of got beat,we will deal with them mickey fuckwits just like bernado just said,let them pricks at sky wank each other off for the night,not worried one single bit,oh and by the fuckin way salah is injured,but none of these bellends mention it on tv ,still fumin at nevilles comments pre match the littal rat,hes way out of his depth and needs puttin in his place the worm,hope we get utd in quaters and deal with them nobs now

I will admit thats the kind of stress i dont need ;) but its one you look back on fondly.
Yep, I knew what you meant. I have fonder memories of Aguero(ooooo) and Kompany's screamer than the ones where we ran away with it, not that I knew it at the time! But fuck what I'd do for Liverpool losing back to back games and us coasting to the title, but they're too good not to keep pushing us till the final game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.