Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

To beat Liverpool or even avoid defeat, we will need to be a lot more careful in posession. Just lately we’ve given up possession too often due to clumsy control, poor passes or high risk attempts to pass. Even tonight, Palace turned over our posession 5 or 6 times. This has to be addressed. We can’t afford Liverpool to be turning us over as much.
Liverpool might try and win the game which give's us a better chance than 10 behind the ball and up field punts.

Must have been watching a different game , i thought we were excellent tonight , hit the post twice and missed a hatful of chances overall performance was superb but our finishing was awful and it cost us two points. If we play like that for the rest of the season and our players start taking chances we will be fine , on another night we win 6-0 and everyone is lauding the team. Would be more concerned if we were creating nothing , Palace led a charmed life tonight it happens occasionally in a season. Quite sure we will respond against Burnley.
We could be 2 points behind by the time we play them

I don’t think we were poor in the final third as such, I thought we were poor in our finishing. I thought it was more likely we would both create a chance and score from it with the players we had on, at least the majority of them, like I said, I’d have been tempted by Gundogan for Bernardo.

Its clearly not that odd as pep thought the same.

We weren't poor in the final third just in our finishing? Think we are best leaving it there.

It has been in their hands ever since we lost to Spurs. They were 3 behind after games in hand and would more than likely have the better goal difference if they were to beat us. They have won every league game so far whilst in that situation, scoring 8 and conceding 0.

It will undoubtedly feel more real after tonight. Let’s see what happens

Hinchcliffe said "I think Crystal Palace deserve a draw".

Sounds about right for that c*nt. He really detests us and why he's on our commentaries I will never understand.

The team that hit the post twice, had 20 shots, had over 70% possession and missed 2 sitters deserved the points Mr Andy 'Fucktard' Hinchcliffe.

At the start of the season, if you were told we'd be top of the league with 9 games to go, 5 of them to play at home and 5 of the 9 teams left to play were in the bottom half of the table, add to that, your form over the last 19 PL games prior would be W16 D2 L1, would you feel confident about seeing it through..?

Palace tonight were yet another team who had no ambition, time-wasted from minute one and celebrated like they themselves had won the league by hanging on, riding their luck as we twice hit the post and Eric, Riyad and Bernardo all missed decent chances..

0-3, 0-4 tonight wouldn't have been out of place..

Were STILL the team to beat..

Not over by the longest of chalks..!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.