Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

KDB we so pissed off with many of his colleagues today, few arses need kicked tonight, hope the players can get together and go on a run now, we’ve been dropping far too many points of late!!!
I'll be honest not a great lover of players throwing hissy fits on the field its a team game and you get behind each other.

Lets hope we can get ourselves up for when they come to our place we have it in us.
To beat Liverpool or even avoid defeat, we will need to be a lot more careful in posession. Just lately we’ve given up possession too often due to clumsy control, poor passes or high risk attempts to pass. Even tonight, Palace turned over our posession 5 or 6 times. This has to be addressed. We can’t afford Liverpool to be turning us over as much.

Didn't think we were that bad, just can't score.

Tough to play against a team that can't be arsed attacking.

Still top but nothing in it now.
Couldn't fault the effort, especially Kevin and Bernardo and John a calming influence on the rare occasions we were under pressure. Our passing wasn't its usual crisp precision - especially high up the pitch. Nevertheless, on another day we take our chances and win comfortably.

3 sitters to score 1 is just fan nonsense. A player may score only 1 in 4 chances but that doesn't mean its always the 4th one. If your having one of those nights where your players seem incapable of scoring maybe on the night the guys warming up might do better.

I think it's a standard thing to use subs if things aren't going for you. Unless you're having a pep moment.
The fair and unfair bit refers to the fan nonsense. I don't think it's true, but I'm amused seeing people who constantly slag off Sterling also convinced he would have come on and won the game.

Yep. Not a lack of effort tonight really. And they played a really smart trap where they'd isolate Rodri and Laporte who were forced into mistakes, which then got under their skin and they started rushing passes in order to not get caught in the trap again. They were set up well, really tactically astute across both games. Ultimately, though, and unlike the first game, if we take one of our four or five great chances then we win the game because they didn't really test Ederson much. In another season before Pep and Klopp basically set new standards for the league you'd be saying a good point at a tough away ground....alas it's not another season!

The pressure to win every game is immense. The days of win at home draw away have long gone. There are 2 very good teams in this division its a bloody slog tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.