Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

Huge disappointment tonight. Only good thing is that we do have….what should be an easier run-in than the dippers. Our two most difficult games will be Liverpool at home and Wolves away. Rest should be straight wins. The dippers have Arsenal away, Manchester United at home, Everton at home, Tottenham at home……..but relying on them dropping points to relieve the tension.
it would be an utter disgrace if the title was lost by dropping points to Tottenham, Southampton and Crystal Palace.
You think West Ham away is going to be easy?

Sometimes it isn't meant to be in certain games. We've still got our noses in front so I'm still confident we'll do them at home and go on to win the title.

We usually perform well against the Hammers - apart from penalty shootouts- but that’s the penultimate match of the season and hopefully the dippers will have imploded by then and title already secured.

Looking around Palace sites for their views on the match. Found this amusing considering how we always complain about Sky being against us.
3 minutes of Sky sports highlights only shows Olise’s half chance in the first half and nothing else other than City chances

We were okay for the most part, really should have gotten the damn ball in the net though.

Am I right in saying a few of our crazy winstreaks have started after dropping points to Palace? We need one now

They’re all going to be tough. Business end of season nearly everyone has something to play for: relegation, champs league, thurs league and beat the city trophy. Time to pull out socks up and be more clinical in front of goal.

Thought that although it was a below par performance we still did enough to win. Another day it’s 2 or 3 at HT. Shows the advantage of having a clinical finisher when you have every opposition player behind the ball. Re the subs not sure would have made any difference maybe a few niggles not worth the risk who knows- Pep.
Bit of a wobble but hope we can still hold the scouse twats off and get over the line. Up the Arse ( so to speak!)

I love Pep, best manager I have ever seen in charge of us.... But 2night I was worried, close to the best side he could've played can't fault that... but to not make a single change and to see him sunk into his chair most of that 2nd half was very concerning. He's been on the 5 sub band wagon all year... Yet could've made 3 tonight and made none? Very odd, rested players in the week in the dead rubber against sporting yet can't beat Palace with potentially our strongest team! I'm pretty concerned coz other than sporting away and the 2nd half against the rags I don't think we've been great this year!

Nothing learned since they beat us at home. Big fast energetic athletic sides plus a slice of luck and we leak points. Would the dippers have broke them down ? I think they would right now.
Hard to say. They're susceptible to pace behind their full backs, Liverpool have just been grinding out results of late so they aren't setting the world on fire, they're just getting wins. Arsenal will push them with their pace out wide.

The run home is equally as tough for us and them. There's no easy games, we should've won but didn't, it happens

It's not all room & gloom, it's still in our hands, and that's all we can ask for at this stage of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.