Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

Silly season at the end as well.Supporters and stewards pushing each other about.
No idea what it was about but one steward was determined to being a prick in keeping it going.
The older City fan who had a sly dig can be thankful that another City fan got him away pronto.

The team out there was creating chance after chance. Changes would have disrupted us. In fact pep made on on-field change in the second half when he moved KDB a bit deeper and that really got us on top.

We didn’t win that game because of outrageous luck and poor finishing. we aren’t winning so we make a sub is for Sunday League football.
Agree with this.

The team out there was creating chance after chance. Changes would have disrupted us. In fact pep made on on-field change in the second half when he moved KDB a bit deeper and that really got us on top.

We didn’t win that game because of outrageous luck and poor finishing. we aren’t winning so we make a sub is for Sunday League football.
Not sure I agree with that assessment. The history of football is littered with examples of subs making a big impact in tight games. But in general we played reasonably well and I for one can not honestly say who deserved to be hooked and who would have replaced them. Just one of those nights maybe or perhaps an example of how much we are missing a genuine goal getter.

Ah the whole pep knows best reply. Why have a thread then. Bringing on Sterling would have meant no chances that's some crystal ball you have.

Anyhow I can't take anyone seriously who states we were good in the final third apart from the finishing part and pep left on the players because he thought they would eventually not fuck up easy chances . They did though that is the facts. Like I said best to leave it.

I didn’t say pep knows best, I said for you to think about his decision making and why he chose not to make a change to as there’s clearly a valid reason not to. I’m not going to leave it when you say you won’t take someone seriously that’s arguing the same point as one of the greatest coaches the game has ever seen and even then, it’s a pretty basic argument.

If we’re not creating much, he makes a change. If we have several chances from between six to twelve yards out like we did then he doesn’t change it as the likelihood is greater that one of those goes in eventually. Every now and again, like today, they don’t. He made the call that had he made a sub, the likelihood of even having the chance in the first place would have reduced. Given the regularity we were getting those chances, I thought the same.

Some really frustrating misses tonight. That bernardo chance where he dithered...yikes.

I feel the dippers need to slip up for us to take the title.

Last week in the CL it really showed what great strikers are there for.
Mbappe two, Benzema 3 goals, Lewandowski 3 goals, even Lautaro M. against Pool gave a bit of hope back to Inter with his great goal. (not CL, but even Ronaldo showed it vs Spurs).

We decided to go into this season without a striker and then sell Torres too.

If this bites us in the arse in the PL title fight or in the CL against a decent opponent we have only ourselves to blame really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.