Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

Looked at a few match reports and apparently Palace thoroughly deserved their point , for what exactly ? We created half a dozen clear chances , so they didnt defend very well only our poor finishing gave them a point , but the media have a habit of ignoring facts when it comes to our club.
No doubt if one of the 'istree clubs had the same result and performance it would have been "Lucky Palace" , if we win this title it will be every bit as sweet as the others , because we know we boil the media's piss.

Looked at a few match reports and apparently Palace thoroughly deserved their point , for what exactly ? We created half a dozen clear chances , so they didnt defend very well only our poor finishing gave them a point , but the media have a habit of ignoring facts when it comes to our club.
No doubt if one of the 'istree clubs had the same result and performance it would have been "Lucky Palace" , if we win this title it will be every bit as sweet as the others , because we know we boil the media's piss.
We are all undoubtedly, very disappointed tonight.
However, older City fans will remember we regularly dug out results and scrapped for points, with a similar resolute performance.
City were threatening throughout the match, as we all probably thought would happen.
But, in all honesty, if City had won, would many have said it was a convincing performance ?
The biggest disappointment tonight was Pep not changing anything, when it looked increasingly as if we would struggle to score.
Rodri, Bernado and Mahrez seldom took any risks tonight. I'm sure fans will have other players who could have been substituted ?
I always think what would happen if there was another 10 minutes to be played ?
Usually, I feel City will score with these extra minutes added. Tonight, I was very worried that Palace would score a late winner, as Gallagher indeed could have.
If Liverpool win all their remaining games, they deserve to win the League.
I still think City will successfully defend the title...

Sorry for the correction

Also we didn't lose because they were poor with their few chances, some of our defending in the first half was Sunday league, and we were lucky to get away with it.
We made some daft errors in the first half, without a doubt. But overall we totally dominated the game and missed a load of chances, as well as having nothing run for us in the six yard box. There’s no crisis, no problem. Liverpool will get a couple of these before the season ends.

We are all undoubtedly, very disappointed tonight.
However, older City fans will remember we regularly dug out results and scrapped for points, with a similar resolute performance.
City were threatening throughout the match, as we all probably thought would happen.
But, in all honesty, if City had won, would many have said it was a convincing performance ?
The biggest disappointment tonight was Pep not changing anything, when it looked increasingly as if we would struggle to score.
Rodri, Bernado and Mahrez seldom took any risks tonight. I'm sure fans will have other players who could have been substituted ?
I always think what would happen if there was another 10 minutes to be played ?
Usually, I feel City will score with these extra minutes added. Tonight, I was very worried that Palace would score a late winner, as Gallagher indeed could have.
If Liverpool win all their remaining games, they deserve to win the League.
I still think City will successfully defend the title...
If they win their remaining ten to get to 96 points, then let things be. Many things will have to go right for them, including referees' decisions and injuries. City have been incredible this season, but I am not sure all 97 points available could be achieved. 91 or 92 is, I think, likely. On to Burnley.

I didn’t say pep knows best, I said for you to think about his decision making and why he chose not to make a change to as there’s clearly a valid reason not to. I’m not going to leave it when you say you won’t take someone seriously that’s arguing the same point as one of the greatest coaches the game has ever seen and even then, it’s a pretty basic argument.

If we’re not creating much, he makes a change. If we have several chances from between six to twelve yards out like we did then he doesn’t change it as the likelihood is greater that one of those goes in eventually. Every now and again, like today, they don’t. He made the call that had he made a sub, the likelihood of even having the chance in the first place would have reduced. Given the regularity we were getting those chances, I thought the same.
I assure you pep does know best. Full stop.

We made some daft errors in the first half, without a doubt. But overall we totally dominated the game and missed a load of chances, as well as having nothing run for us in the six yard box.
We did dominate of course, and we rarely get much "run for us in the six yard box", but we weren't that great ourselves, and we are guilty of that too often for me, and I don't agree about not changing things, who knows if a change (or three) might have won the game ?

Huge disappointment tonight. Only good thing is that we do have….what should be an easier run-in than the dippers. Our two most difficult games will be Liverpool at home and Wolves away. Rest should be straight wins. The dippers have Arsenal away, Manchester United at home, Everton at home, Tottenham at home……..but relying on them dropping points to relieve the tension.
it would be an utter disgrace if the title was lost by dropping points to Tottenham, Southampton and Crystal Palace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.