Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

So what changes would you have made that would’ve changed the game ? Forget the Ake one I’ll give you a WUM pass for that.
It could have been any number of players to have been taken off so please take your blue tinted specs off.I was not wumming about Laporte who had a stinker of a game and how he wasn`t subbed at half time was a joke.

that’s a bit defeatist. Plenty of games left

when you say they’ve not got the same mentality? Most of the team has won the league before. So surely they do
Maybe I am mate but I just feel we have been off for a while .one thing I’m happy about is that if it’s true that haaland could be just about done then I’d give up he title to win many more with a elite striker .

ZERO shots on goal, and only 4 attempts to score in the entire second half when we supposedly was going all in for a goal against a pretty bad Palace. Simply not good enough.

For some reason, which my simple mind will never understand, Pep (who I love, god bless him) thought us creating absolutely nothing in the second half was not a good enough reason to make a sub or try something new. This was probably the easiest point Palace will get all season, just had to stand in their own penalty box watching us pass the ball between our defenders for 15 minutes before we decide to put a cross in which they will just head away 100 times out of 100. Mahrez, Foden, Grealish all looking very poor tonight in my opinion, and our defenders seemed to take turns giving them counters in the first half. How they all managed to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes is astonishing.

I am very worried about our form at the moment, we were 14 pts ahead of Liverpool just 2 months ago (they had 2 games in hand), will probably be 1 on Wednesday. Its the same thing game after game, if we dont get an early goal we will struggle to score at all. No goals today. No goals the last game. 60+ mins before we could score on Peterborough. 80+ mins before we could score on Everton (a game we probably should have dropped points in as well if we didnt get insanely lucky with a ref decision). Lost against f*cking Spurs as usual. Only game we played well in the last 6 was against United, but even Watford batter them so not sure only beating them with 3 goals was a good sign either.

We looked immense earlier this season but unfortunately we seem to be unable to keep that level up this year. We still have everything in our own hands. But we need to shape up, and do it fast. We dont have any more lifelines left!
You’re talking like we were 14 points ahead on the same games.

We’ve dropped 7 points in that time so if it was a true 14 points ahead, we’d still be 7 points in front of them. But they’ve had two games in hand. The most important thing in this sentence is in bold; we were 14 points ahead but they had two games in hand.

Besides, gaps at previous times in the season don’t matter because we haven’t played everyone. Another way to look at it is that we were two points behind Liverpool before our easier run of fixtures that ended 2021, and Liverpool are coming out of their easier run of fixtures between 1-4 points behind us. Look who both have played in 2022 (* = top half sides):

City:
Arsenal a*
Chelsea h*
Southampton a*
Brentford h
Norwich a
Spurs h*
Everton a
United h*
Palace a

Liverpool:
Chelsea a*
Brentford h
Palace a
Leicester h
Burnley a
Norwich h
Leeds h
West Ham h*
Brighton a

We’ve played five top half teams to their two. If they didn’t make up some points with that run of games, plus having two games in hand, there’d be something wrong! Plus the last tough fixture they had, back in the first week in January, they dropped points.

You’re taking like we’ve crumbled and lost points or games consecutively. Yet these dropped points have been sandwiched between our best performances of the season (Chelsea h, Norwich a, United h) and we’ve only lost 1 game in that run.

There’s still ages to go in this title race. It may be a case that Liverpool start to drop points as their tougher run of fixtures starts up, we may go toe-to-toe to the end, or we might be the ones to fall away as having no striker is impossible to win the league without two seasons running.

Last edited by a moderator:
You’re talking like we were 14 points ahead on the same games.

We’ve dropped 7 points in that time so if it was a true 14 points ahead, we’d still be 7 points in front of them. But they’ve had two games in hand. The most important thing in this sentence is in bold; we were 14 points ahead but they had two games in hand.

Besides, gaps at previous times in the season don’t matter because we haven’t played everyone. Another way to look at it is that we were two points behind Liverpool before our easier run of fixtures that ended 2021, and Liverpool are coming out of their easier run of fixtures between 1-4 points behind us. Look who both have played in 2022 (* = top half sides):

City:
Arsenal a*
Chelsea h*
Southampton a*
Brentford h
Norwich a
Spurs h*
Everton a
United h*
Palace a

Liverpool:
Chelsea a*
Brentford h
Palace a
Leicester h
Burnley a
Norwich h
Leeds h
West Ham h*
Brighton a

We’ve played five top half teams to their two. If they didn’t make up some points with that run of games, plus having two games in hand, there’d be something wrong! Plus the last tough fixture they had, back in the first week in January, they dropped points.

You’re taking like m we’ve crumbled and lost points or games consecutively. Yet these dropped points have been sandwiched between our best performances of the season (Chelsea h, Norwich a, United h) and we’ve only lost 1 game in that run.

There’s still ages to go in this title race. It may be a case that Liverpool start to drop points as their tougher run of fixtures starts up, we may go toe-to-toe to the end, or we might be the ones to fall away as having no striker is impossible to win the league without two seasons running.
Excellent post. Far too many defeatists on here.

I was hoping that people had calmed down after a night's sleep and realised that the title is still in our hands. Ah well.
It is in our hands, but that doesn’t mean people can’t question Pep when results don’t go our way.

We could have played all night and wouldn’t have scored. He had options to change that, Foden in particular, but chose not to. That, for me, deserves to be questioned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.