Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

Think of it this way blues.....remember those times we were in relegation battles season after season.....and how boring the end of season became when that wasn’t the case.

This is the same thing, we don’t want a procession to the title, a nice feisty end over the last 6 games gives us something to get excited about,,,,and if we prevail, well, the heartbreak on murkeyside will be delicious....

Actually woken up quite relaxed this morning. Wasnt ideal last night but we did create big chances.

That was the remaining fixture that worried me most (aside from Liverpool).

They've got a much tougher run in than us. Despite what everyone in the media is saying. Its in City's hands more than it is in Liverpool's hands.

Nothing learned since they beat us at home. Big fast energetic athletic sides plus a slice of luck and we leak points. Would the dippers have broke them down ? I think they would right now.
By hook or by crook they would facilitate the win, honest City play by the rules too much

Sorry mate talking bollocks

The players on the bench are fucked off their manager couldnt trust them for 10 minutes desperately needing a goal and sonething different.

The players on the pitch are pissed off they couldnt win the game after trying the same thing for 90 minutes.

The fans are pissed off the manager didnt even attempt to try something when needing a goal and obviously dropping two points.

It is a shame for the guys, as they played well, but a fresh legged sterling or jesus with little burden of 70 minutes worth of missed chances could well have scored. Lesser players come on and score crucial goals, all the time, coming into games like this. Pep does it so often. It costs us points so often.

Still top, 9 games left, still in our hands. I will take that. Liverpool are on a good run of winnable games whereas we have had some tricky ones. It's similar to when we had our good run and they dropped points.

We will definitely have to improve if we are going to win the league though. I am surprised Pep didn't make some changes. Several were below parr. Rodri, De Bruyne, Mahrez, Stones probably the only decent performances.

By all means, question him. He's accountable for his actions (or lack of). But some of the knee jerk stuff that's been posted on here and in the match thread has been ludicrous. People seem to have forgotten (or choose to ignore)
A. Just what this team is actually capable of. And
B. The fact that the title is still in our hands, and that we don't even need to beat Liverpool when we play them (which we will do).

Yes; it was an intensely frustrating night, Stevie Wonder could see that. Did Pep screw up by not subbing players? Absolutely. As someone once said, he's not the messiah. Not last night, anyway. Was it our worst performance of the season? No, it wasn't. Spurs (A) and Saints (H) immediately spring to mind.If one of the sitters had been scored, there wouldn't be half the scorn on here that has been posted since 10pm last night. And all those seldom seen posters wouldn't have come on here to vent their spleen.
Certainly not venting my spleen, and I know you didn’t aim that at me. I am frustrated with him but like Silva says, I’d rather be in our position with points on the board. It’s just irritating when you can see what is not working and there are options to solve it.

First half was wasteful, second half was one of the worst I've seen this season, and of course Pep doesn't make a single sub.

It seems like whoever took points off us in the first half of the season will do it in the second half, so that means we won't beat the scousers, hopefully we'll get a draw.
Two results suit us in that match.
A must win game for the dippers.
Meanwhile, come on you goons...

But it was a shite result, wtf has previous seasons got to do with this game, no subs at all!!!! Are you telling me you never screamed for a change tonight on the basis that previous seasons we’d done ok
No I didnt "Scream" for a change tonight, I trust Pep knows what he is doing "on the basis that previous seasons he has done ok"
I dont know if there are lurking rags & dippers on the matchday forum but some of the comments last night about Pep & the team were just embarrassing & any true city fan making some of those comments needs to have a serious head wobble.

I can't see Everton troubling liverpool either. I still think we are a better team than liverpool but they are certainly better at putting their chances away.

It more to do with there play and front three who will get far more time and space than we get.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.