Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

I was hoping that people had calmed down after a night's sleep and realised that the title is still in our hands. Ah well.
It’s too soon to be the voice of reason in amongst all the madness Jim, give it a bit longer, hopefully after Wednesday things will look better.

Great point. Different circumstances but it reminds me of the point away to Stoke in the 11/12 run in. If you can’t win it, don’t lose it. Could be the point that makes all the difference.

At least one point clear with only 9 games left. Once again, offer that to anybody with a pair of bollocks in August and they’d have snapped your hand off.
Great post but unfortunately you're swimming against the tide on this forum tonight.

In training do the players actually practise shooting whilst under pressure. I have only seen them doing shooting without any defenders in the way.

They are professional’s they should all have the ability to shoot.

Big disappointed with the result but we played good enough for the win commitment was there just not the finishing a decent point and thought palace was excellent they have that commitment and Steel just like there manager had as a player!

Out of Arteta and Veria I’d have the latter his team set up was excellent the players believe in him.

Bunch of whining cunts, that had potential disaster written all over it, we didn’t lose and it’s a long wat from over
"We didn't lose"

Fantastic attitude to have after dropping more points against a team in the bottom half of the table whilst we have opened the door for the fucking scousers.

It is in our hands, but that doesn’t mean people can’t question Pep when results don’t go our way.

We could have played all night and wouldn’t have scored. He had options to change that, Foden in particular, but chose not to. That, for me, deserves to be questioned.
By all means, question him. He's accountable for his actions (or lack of). But some of the knee jerk stuff that's been posted on here and in the match thread has been ludicrous. People seem to have forgotten (or choose to ignore)
A. Just what this team is actually capable of. And
B. The fact that the title is still in our hands, and that we don't even need to beat Liverpool when we play them (which we will do).

Yes; it was an intensely frustrating night, Stevie Wonder could see that. Did Pep screw up by not subbing players? Absolutely. As someone once said, he's not the messiah. Not last night, anyway. Was it our worst performance of the season? No, it wasn't. Spurs (A) and Saints (H) immediately spring to mind.If one of the sitters had been scored, there wouldn't be half the scorn on here that has been posted since 10pm last night. And all those seldom seen posters wouldn't have come on here to vent their spleen.

We didn’t play badly and Palace really gave us a game. We were unlucky at times and deserved a win. Palace looked threatening at times and deserved the draw. I can live with that.

I would have made changes. Might not have worked. But we will never know. Their defence got used to our frontline. A frontline that hardly switches places btw. So if you change a player they have to get used to the change.

But it’s hindsight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.