Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

It feels like City play in their own league !

Game after game we play against a fucking big bus.

If the top ten had to play against bus week in week out City would be miles clear in the league. Teams dont so our rivals have lots more space to play football. I dont watch other teams much. But the goals arsenal scored against Fulham were goals City would never score. Fulham would have had 10 players back defending for their lives. Arsenal didnt come up against that.

It does piss me of when rivals get an nice open game of football. City just get a bloody defence against attack training session which cost us fans 70quid plus !.

It feels like City play in their own league !

Game after game we play against a fucking big bus.

If the top ten had to play against bus week in week out City would be miles clear in the league. Teams dont so our rivals have lots more space to play football. I dont watch other teams much. But the goals arsenal scored against Fulham were goals City would never score. Fulham would have had 10 players back defending for their lives. Arsenal didnt come up against that.

It does piss me of when rivals get an nice open game of football. City just get a bloody defence against attack training session which cost us fans 70quid plus !.
True, this is why pace up front is pointless for us as there's nowhere it can be used.

Obviously it would have been preferable to be more clinical in front of goal, but many posters have already explained why taking an overly-negative POV on this performance isn't necessarily warranted. But each to their own, of course.
Lots of great explanations mate, none of which I disagree with. My original point was I don't enjoy watching it as much as previous seasons. Thats not a criticism laid at Pep or the team, its just fact. I am tactically aware enough to recognise that most of it is caused by the way teams set up against us and then the rest by the configuration of our squad. That awareness doesn't make it any more pleasurable to watch.

I do think folk are overstating the control and the performance on Saturday. I thought some of the passing was unnecessarily slow and not particularly precise, particularly from the back. Akanji, Dias and John Boy were not at their best. Neither was Phil, Erling or Bernie. Jack was very good again and Rodri and Ake their usual consistent and excellent selves. Have re-watched the game just in case I was being overly pessimistic and I don't think I was.

The critical thing for me is will we go up a gear when faced with the best. Some evidence that we will (Arsenal away). Some evidence that a combination of poor refereeing and poor finishing will trip us up (Dippers and Rags away). Leipzig game will tell us more as that is a serious test. Bayern await us at some point as I cannot see them being knocked out by anyone but us.

I agree with you re Fulham they were abject.

Fulham were atrocious in the first half when Arsenal won the game. I heard they improved in the second half but that is probably because Arsenal took their foot off the gas. By then I had switched the game off. Their fullback Robinson was awful. First he scored a ridiculous own goal which was chalked off for offside. He then bizarrely just watched as an Arsenal player jumped and headed in. No challenge at all in fact he ducked under the ball! I've never seen anything like it, bent isn't the word and if I was a Fulham fan I'd be livid.

I don't like how many on here are falling into the trap of hoping other results go our way (Arsenal) games,
Never ever hope ? because we all know how they all feel about Manchester City, We Win or Lose, on our own terms, and WE NEVER ask for help from others,

Yes, we are the team to beat, The benchmark that others want to take our scalp, So when facing teams like Palace on their own pitch with their baying fans demanding everything, you bet they will use every trick in the book to try and beat us,

That's why manchester city winning 1.0 is one of the best results of the week in the premier league, The work we had to put in, From the training ground to the pitch Pep and the players got it spot on, The little things we all miss is the preparation and the details, everything is worked on even the dark and dirty things from the other teams,

Pep talked about it with the time-wasting and tricks their players use in trying to get into our heads and losing the plot, That's why it was a sweet win, a big win,

I don't like how many on here are falling into the trap of hoping other results go our way (Arsenal) games,
Never ever hope ? because we all know how they all feel about Manchester City, We Win or Lose, on our own terms, and WE NEVER ask for help from others,

Yes, we are the team to beat, The benchmark that others want to take our scalp, So when facing teams like Palace on their own pitch with their baying fans demanding everything, you bet they will use every trick in the book to try and beat us,

That's why manchester city winning 1.0 is one of the best results of the week in the premier league, The work we had to put in, From the training ground to the pitch Pep and the players got it spot on, The little things we all miss is the preparation and the details, everything is worked on even the dark and dirty things from the other teams,

Pep talked about it with the time-wasting and tricks their players use in trying to get into our heads and losing the plot, That's why it was a sweet win, a big win,
Deserves more than one like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.