Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

Shoulda, woulda, coulda but didn’t.
You said “hard to see where a goal would come from”

Barcon replied “ Haaland had chances, Grealish had chances and Alverez had a chance”
“So a goal should, could, would and did. Come from one of those three”

It was a bit of a slog watching that yesterday and just glad we got the win.

I knew what Palace would do - sit back and counter. It's just not realistic to expect them to play football against us as they'd get absolutely pummelled. Viera knows that and played the Palace game. On another day they'd have been slapped 0-4, but equally weren't far off sneaking a 0-0 either.

I thought Grealish was superb again and thought he was running the show first half. His control, passing and all-round game was superb. How many times did their full back get done in by the over-lapping fullback? :D It was sending him dizzy! It was a shame he faded a little in the second half but I think Palace might've changed their tactics a bit as he was ripping them a new one.

Credit as well to Ake and Akanji who did well. Nothing particularly spectacular but were solid. Ake did well overlapping but he's just not an attacking left back, and never will be. I don't know why we play the best English central defender at right back at all - he should've been next to Dias in the middle as we will need to get that partnership back and fully on form for the run in. Stones isn't, and never will be, a right back! Him and Dias are the best central defensive partnership in English football though!

I'm happy with a win there, they are just an awkward team who love to spoil the party. However, it just worries me that for such a dominant performance we came away with a goal from a penalty. We had so many chances to score but just couldn't get it in the net.

Overall, job done and onto the big game this week!

Massive win yesterday.
1-0 win away is a brilliant scoreline as i used to hate that reverse scoreline at home.
Any other day and we're coming away with 3 or 4, palace must have psycho in charge not having any shots on target in 3 games.

God did we really not score at home from January when he was in charge? Listen, i got big respect for him, an absolute goliath as a player, got found out as a manager n i guess that is why he hasn't really managed anyone lately, taking it easy on radio.
What the funk am i on about?

Yeah thanks Mrs Manimanc, plying me with gin, pink gin as well but it's so easy to drink.

You gooners, getting too big for them boots, famtv will implode in mMay, i'm telling you, you get me.

Boing boing gone.

You said “hard to see where a goal would come from”

Barcon replied “ Haaland had chances, Grealish had chances and Alverez had a chance”
“So a goal should, could, would and did. Come from one of those three”
Not hard for me to see where a goal is coming from. I tell the neighbours in CBL3 every time we go on the attack that I can smell a goal. A good number of times we get one, so it's not wholly wishful thinking.

Big win in a high tempo game. Unlike vs Forest we didn’t give them a sniff. However we make it much harder on ourselves if we can’t put the possession and chances we have in to goals.

The title fight will again go to the end. At least that’s what I expect. If it does I see us win it.

Big win in a high tempo game. Unlike vs Forest we didn’t give them a sniff.
Not strictly true.....after we took the lead there were a couple of occasions they put us under the cosh and could have gotten an equaliser.It got quite nervy towards the end and i was very happy to hear that whistle.

Not strictly true.....after we took the lead there were a couple of occasions they put us under the cosh and could have gotten an equaliser.It got quite nervy towards the end and i was very happy to hear that whistle.
There’s always some possession or a cross from an opponent in any game. At Forest it was different. At least for me. No nerves whatsoever. The Haaland penalty was a relief. Not perse the final whistle.

Arsenal seem to be coping without that. Maybe teams are not lying as deep against them.
They definitely are not. It's been noticeable that frequently teams are playing Arsenal as if they're in the same class as them and fancy getting a result. I watched the first half against Fulham yesterday and Fulham were shockingly open. Their manager appeared to have set them up as if he thought Fulham were on Arsenal's level. That misconception was rewarded by them conceding three in the first half. I'm assuming they were reorganised and shut up shop in the second half because they stopped the bleeding. (I was so bored by Fulham's utter incompetence I'd stopped watching.)

Teams are mostly playing Arsenal with far too little respect for how they're playing this season, giving them space they'd never give us in a million years.

They definitely are not. It's been noticeable that frequently teams are playing Arsenal as if they're in the same class as them and fancy getting a result. I watched the first half against Fulham yesterday and Fulham were shockingly open. Their manager appeared to have set them up as if he thought Fulham were on Arsenal's level. That misconception was rewarded by them conceding three in the first half. I'm assuming they were reorganised and shut up shop in the second half because they stopped the bleeding. (I was so bored by Fulham's utter incompetence I'd stopped watching.)

Teams are mostly playing Arsenal with far too little respect for how they're playing this season, giving them space they'd never give us in a million years.
I agree with you re Fulham they were abject.

because we won 1-0 everyone is ok with that display. That performance explains why the likes of Nottingham forest escaped with a point.
Obviously it would have been preferable to be more clinical in front of goal, but many posters have already explained why taking an overly-negative POV on this performance isn't necessarily warranted. But each to their own, of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.