Crystal Palace (a) pre-match thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any good boozers around Selhurst Park? My last trip there was two seasons ago and remember there was sod all near the ground for away fans.
Be aware there's a bus replacement service on the line to Thornton heath out of London Victoria which is where the away boozers are or were last season & for the previous cup match.
Easier to go from London Bridge, fast & frequent to Norwood Junction on the other side of the ground but pubs here were home only. It's an easy enough walk past the ground to the Thornton heath area where the away pubs are.
The railway telegraph was to the right out of Thornton heath & was a nice mixed home/away & relaxed atmosphere.
They had jerk chicken on the bbq at the cup match & not aware of any resulting casualties.
There was a spoons back the other way towards the ground & there's also the Prince George almost on the corner with whitehorse lane which runs up back towards the ground.

Be aware there's a bus replacement service on the line to Thornton heath out of London Victoria which is where the away boozers are or were last season & for the previous cup match.
Easier to go from London Bridge, fast & frequent to Norwood Junction on the other side of the ground but pubs here were home only. It's an easy enough walk past the ground to the Thornton heath area where the away pubs are.
The railway telegraph was to the right out of Thornton heath & was a nice mixed home/away & relaxed atmosphere.
They had jerk chicken on the bbq at the cup match & not aware of any resulting casualties.
There was a spoons back the other way towards the ground & there's also the Prince George almost on the corner with whitehorse lane which runs up back towards the ground.

Cheers!

Anyone apart from Mahrez please even if it means playing with 10 men.

Pathetic.

Whilst he has been disappointing this season the hatred for one of our own is disgusting.

Team id go with is as follows:

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Laporte
Mendy

Fern
Foden (Bernardo if he is fit)
Kdb

Sterling
Sane
Aguero

Walker usually does well up against zaha which should negate their main threat

But not everyone is fit.

if KDB David Silva and ferna are fit then he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11.....and if Bernardo is (and we don't know he won't be) then again he shouldn't be. And we know the first 3 are fit hence my original point.

No point resting players if by doing so we slow down our game like last night and lose. One loss now is game over in CL and probably the same in the League. First choices for every game please then selective subs to rest players when ahead and it allows.

First choices for me are:

Back four - Either right back, any of the centre backs, left back Zinchenko Laporte then Mendy

Best front six is

Fern
Kdb bs
Ras serge sane

No coincidence David’s drop in form has been without Sane to link up with.

if KDB David Silva and ferna are fit then he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11.....and if Bernardo is (and we don't know he won't be) then again he shouldn't be. And we know the first 3 are fit hence my original point.
Gundogan was our best player last night and Silva was one of our worst. On current form, Gundogan deserves the nod.

There's an easy fix to a player not having enough experience.
True and a case can be made for including him more often.Pep probably thinks he is better off for now observing thins from the bench. But he started him last week and
maybe we will see him again before the end of the season.

there is a reason why people moan about those players. Both are inconsistent and drag the level of play down for the team...

Sterling and Sane are easily better options that mahrez in ANY game

Mendy - he is good going forward (though at present seems to want to hit every cross as hard as he possibly can!) but defensively he aint great - unfortunately are other options at left back (unless its Danilo) aren't reliable or are injured (Zinchenko)

A lot of the reason people moan about these players is because people like to jump on the bandwagon when it comes to a scapegoat. Dzeko, Sterling, G.Jesus and Gundogan have all been undeserved victims of this in the past. I hear it in the stands every week, the first misplaced pass made by Mahrez and people are ready to jump all over him, it's embarrassing.

Mahrez was probably the most lively of our front 3 last night - which doesn't say much, but still. For his debut season he's contributed a fair few goals and assists, including winning goals away at Bournemouth and at Wembley against Spurs.

There's a difference between saying that Sterling and Sane are currently better options than Mahrez (I don't think anyone is arguing that?) and comparing him to Jesus Navas/saying that they'd rather play with 10 men than have Mahrez in the team.

Our defensive record with Mendy in the team is exceptional. We've conceded 7 goals in 21 games (0.33 goals per game) he's played for us since he signed. He also completely shut down Salah at Anfield earlier this season. How someone could argue that Mendy 'drags the level of play down for the team' I have absolutely no idea, apart from it being a lazy piece of analysis to describe the player.

He (nor Mahrez) has had a single proper run of games in the 2 years he's been here and yet fans can't contain themselves with the absolute bile they can't wait to spew about a City player who has actually performed relatively well despite not even getting close to their full stride yet. As I said, it's boring and embarrassing to read.

in a way this game was why pep rested big players vs spurs ?? like it or not pep is looking at home and league and FAcup and the champions league is a bonus or icing on the cake

palace away is always a hard game and they have some good players and pace on the brake, so we know what they can do and just home they don't hit another worldy and city can take the 3 points this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.