Crystal Palace (h) post-match thread

For the record there were also a lot of people pointing out we'd had the shortest preseason of any team in the league, went into the first league game down 8 players from covid and injuries, and had no strikers fit at all for most of the league pre-christmas, and if we won our games in hand we'd be right in the mix.

Mostly that lead to dogs abuse and being called deluded Pep fanboys for not wanting him fired.

Hopefully people just learn not to write the team off because of a few drawn games.
People didn’t have to write the team off to see things were off.

Pep had lost his way, looked disinterested etc. But Dias has been a huge addition. Pep seems to have got really hot for defence, he’s always been interested which is testament to our previous records, but the absolute security back there has really, really perked him up... and the whole team.

The great thing for me about Pep is he’s prepared to change his mind and adapt. He’s done it on players, he’s done it on formations. Maybe in hindsight he’s a bit slow to grasp these things... but that’s being human because no one else is there making those choices.

Because he’s so tactically adept, and is prepared to change stance, he’s proving for the idiots (Mail other teams’ fans) that he is a generational manager in charge. Like Messi and Ronaldo though, other teams also have very good managers that can compete using different if not similarly aesthetically mechanics.

Like all top professionals Guardiola has found a way with his tools. Our tools are very good but the cutting edge had been taken away. However he’s again found a way. Hopefully he can move things forward now and capitalise on the deficiencies of other teams and win a 3rd in 4 leagues, because the opportunity is there.

Hahaha Man City grinding out results, sly sports are complete muppets. What a great game to watch, 4 great goals, 2nd in the league with a game in hand, awesome!!!

This John Stones revival we're all witnessing... It's just amazing to see. It's still early days but he's becoming a new favourite of mine. I've lambasted him in the past and I'm delighted he's shoving it back in my face. He's got big balls as Pep said.

Also delighted to see Gundo improving still.
Just be thankful he's not shoving his big balls in your face.

People didn’t have to write the team off to see things were off.

Pep had lost his way, looked disinterested etc.
He hadn't, he was finding a way to navigate a difficult period after no pre season, early covid, and lots of injuries.

At this point we've lost 2 games out of 28 this season, winning 20, a pretty amazing record given all the above, the fact he's kept us in there, and now effectively put us in pole position is a testament to how he "had lost his way".

Pep always looks disinterested with the media, he can't stand their inane questions, he's not alone.

I really like that Stones and Gundogan are throwing what I've said about them in my, and many others, faces.

They're playing brilliant.

I wonder when Dias will get the praise he deserves in transforming the defence in the wider national media?
If David Silva is anything to go by in about ten years time when he's playing his final season.

I really like that Stones and Gundogan are throwing what I've said about them in my, and many others, faces.

They're playing brilliant.

I wonder when Dias will get the praise he deserves in transforming the defence in the wider national media?
The turnaround of us defensively since Dias arrival has been remarkable.
He's top notch!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.