Crystal Palace (H) - Post-Match Thread

Thought we looked leggy today, always going to be difficult down to 10 and agree that KDB looks bollixed. Fuck it bring on the rags.

One of our worst in the last decade. A depressing performance.

No striker in summer looking more and more baffling every game.

Laporte cost us that. Absolutely killed us. Genuine 0/10 performance.

Phil has to get onside for that long ball too, ffs.

What happened to Kev? It’s as if his body has been taken over by Antoine Sibierski… he’s been awful this season. And he looks knackered.
He's blowing after 20 mins nowadays, makes you wonder how many more seasons he has left at the top

Everything that could go wrong went wrong. The opposition has always some chance, for bad mistakes happen.

Two bad mistakes by Laporte cost us. Also, we weren't patient at times and had too many rushed passes. We created several excellent openings, but the final ball wasn't good. Unlucky with the offside for Jesus' goal.

Kevin's silly decision to play injured for Belgium is costing us at the moment. He's not average now, he's poor. Given that Sterling is poor as well and that Foden missed the first games through injury, we'd have been miles off the top now without Grealish.

Many thanks to Brighton. We can win the title from here. I think we'll try to sign a striker in January.
Didnt sign a centre half in january 2020 when we needed one so havent much faith in txiki/omar to sign one in january

Worst performance of the season. No excuses about the ref, we shot ourselves in the foot, little to no creativity, poor passing, abysmal linkup play. Looked like amateurs out there.

Ironically played better with 10 men till obviously the legs ran out and so did the desire and hope. Palace have been consistently losing games and conceding, which is another indicator of how bad we were.

Walker and Stones are the only players who can hold their heads high, the former isn't really adept at offensive play so can't fault him for a couple loose crosses.

Lastly, it was coming, the signs were there. Started in the West Ham game, and my word we're ridiculously predictable, you know after 10 minutes into the game as to whether we'll win or not, you don't need to predict anything. Something needs a change, lots of poor performances up top and lack of usual cohesion, Pep will have to take big decisions and bench the lackluster performers, starting with KDB and Grealish.

Bit over the top
Exactly too many people are over reacting to a piss poor performance. Sometimes you need to sit back and reflect. We can still regroup but a win next Saturday is essential and won't be as easy to get as some think However,. I think the last couple of games will have finally silenced those who think it was not a mistake to get a decent goal scorer in the summer. We are stuck with this now sadly and it is up to the manager to adjust the false nine system a bit and try to gain an advantage again. While their are some ominous signs I still believe we can have a successful season but the margin for error is thin now and I fear if a big gap opens up we will not be able to close it.

Everything that could go wrong went wrong. The opposition has always some chance, for bad mistakes happen.

Two bad mistakes by Laporte cost us. Also, we weren't patient at times and had too many rushed passes. We created several excellent openings, but the final ball wasn't good. Unlucky with the offside for Jesus' goal.

Kevin's silly decision to play injured for Belgium is costing us at the moment. He's not average now, he's poor. Given that Sterling is poor as well and that Foden missed the first games through injury, we'd have been miles off the top now without Grealish.

Many thanks to Brighton. We can win the title from here. I think we'll try to sign a striker in January.

Have you forgotten Chelsea?? Five points clear now.

Not our empirical best, but the PiGMOL ruined that as a spectacle.

Just said it in the Ref Watch thread; people underestimate how the actions (or inactions) of the referee affect how a team plays.

Yes, there was a mistake leading to their goal, but the referee 100% influenced the outcome of that game. Because of Marriner Palace were utterly fearless in the challenge, and we were overly cautious because we knew we would get punished for every 50-50. I seriously believe the sending off would also have been a different outcome at the other end, being described as nothing more than a 'coming together'.

The offside was also horseshit, as it certainly appeared to me that the footage had been rolled forward to make it look clearly offside. Whatever happened to the PiGMOL giving the advantage to the attacking team when it was that close?
This was a typical Marriner performance in our games he’s done -usually we get the result anyway but a mix of ineptitude, bad luck and a couple of Laporte brain farts meant he was able to get the job done today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.