Crystal Palace (H) | Post Match Thread

Not so sure we were as poor in the 1st half as some on here are saying. I thought it was more about Palace doing well - their positional play was excellent and it meant space was limited, which then lead to poor deliveries - KDB, Foden - in that half. There’s no way that positional discipline could be maintained for the 90 minutes, particularly when the 2nd half changes meant we overloaded them even more. Even so, what a comeback, superb self belief.

Haaland - wow. Other than the obvious, two things stood out. First, he was the only player who went over to Cancelo to back him up after Ayew elbowed him. Second, shouting at Mahrez to press early in the second half. Brilliant attitude and approach to the game.

Fuck your shit Vieira you dickhead.
Vieira's not a "dickhead" though, that's really unfair, like many/most PL managers playing City, he plays to the ability of his squad's ability, they don't have our resources, or player our ability, and in the first half today we got schooled, we were shocking, it wasn't pretty, but it was mostly not pretty by City.

Great that we changed, and eventually turned up in the second half to be the team we are capable of being, but slagging someone off because they play a different style is all very "entitled", we have to earn the right to win, and today, despite an abject first half, we did exactly that, so let's celebrate the fact.

He made a handling error prior to the free kick that led to the own goal. Guilty.

He didn’t get lucky with the rolling out of the ball though. It’s not allowed to do what the Palace player did.

KDB made loads of shite passes today. Ederson seems to be taking more flak though.
the usual crowd are gunning for Ederson and have been for a while now. They will ignore any defensive errors or circumstances because they now want him to fail so they have someone to dig out

Vieira's not a "dickhead" though, that's really unfair, like many/most PL managers playing City, he plays to the ability of his squad's ability, they don't have our resources, or player our ability, and in the first half today we got schooled, we were shocking, it wasn't pretty, but it was mostly not pretty by City.

Great that we changed, and eventually turned up in the second half to be the team we are capable of being, but slagging someone off because they play a different style is all very "entitled", we have to earn the right to win, and today, despite an abject first half, we did exactly that, so let's celebrate the fact.

Calling him a dickhead is probably the drink talking.......but feigning injury and time wasting isnt a 'style',its down right cheating and shithousery.

Its great we won,even more so because of their cuntiness.

People on row behind me today pissing me off with their comments today totally laying into the likes of walker, de bruyne, foden, ederson. It was like having the match day thread in my ear.
I realise that the first half was a struggle today but these same players keep winning us the league each year.
Then at the end it was like Pep had seen sense and come round to using their tactics. If only they could be on our touch line instead- imagine how good we’d be

He made a handling error prior to the free kick that led to the own goal. Guilty.

He didn’t get lucky with the rolling out of the ball though. It’s not allowed to do what the Palace player did.

KDB made loads of shite passes today. Ederson seems to be taking more flak though.

Only caught MoTD as was working but thought it was strange they were talking about the ball not being fully released.

Had a mooch around the IFAB website and from what I read under rule 11.2 the ref was spot on as technically it comes under offside.

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
    • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
    • challenging an opponent for the ball or
    • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
    • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball
Edit: Meant to add if that wasn’t an obvious action to prevent Eddy from playing the ball then I don’t know what the fuck is.

Last edited:
Only caught MoTD as was working but thought it was strange they were talking about the ball not being fully released.

Had a mooch around the IFAB website and from what I read under rule 11.2 the ref was spot on as technically it comes under offside.

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
    • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
    • challenging an opponent for the ball or
    • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
    • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball
Edit: Meant to add if that wasn’t an obvious action to prevent Eddy from playing the ball then I don’t know what the fuck is.
The fact its under offside is irrelevant to this instance

I see it more like benzema v Liverpool in the CL final a few years ago.

At the end of the first half as the players trudged off to the dressing rooms for their quarter slice of outspan, I noticed Haaling sprint off the pitch. Thought this showed his eagerness to put things right in the second half. On second thoughts, he could simply have a penchant for oranges. Thought Bernie was outstanding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.