Crystal Palace (H) | Post Match Thread

I don’t recall another one of our games where the contrast between the first and second halves was so profound. We looked so much better when Gundo and Alvarez came on, and Bernie’s second half was one of his best ever. As for our Nordic meat shield, he is going to be a phenomena.

As for our ability to recover from being behind, that’s when a lethal striker really counts. It doesn’t matter who we are playing, or what game it is, we can never be counted out from now on.

After watching the dross served up by the rags a little earlier, our entertainment value is something else. You can guarantee our fan base is going to expand exponentially with this superstar up front!

Reactions: TFC
Yeah, ultimately the second half dwarfs the first half failings, but doesn’t mask them completely. If we played like that against a top side, we may have been further behind, although they only had about 3 attacks on our goal…

We’re still figuring out the collective team press. If we can suss it with Haaland in the side, we can literally win every game we play if we play to our potential.
It does seem we're in a crisis every time someone gets into our back third. Its been a bit weird, like we have no interest in defending. I have to believe we'll get this cleaned up. I honestly believe we'll get back to playing at an acceptable level defensively. What excites me is we've scored 13 goals in 4 games and we're not close to where we can go offensively. I think our offensive potential is immense. What will we look like in February or March going into money time. It could get very scary for our opponents and really good for us.

I don’t recall another one of our games where the contrast between the first and second halves was so profound. We looked so much better when Gundo and Alvarez came on, and Bernie’s second half was one of his best ever. As for our Nordic meat shield, he is going to be a phenomena.

As for our ability to recover from being behind, that’s when a lethal striker really counts. It doesn’t matter who we are playing, or what game it is, we can never be counted out from now on.

After watching the dross served up by the rags a little earlier, our entertainment value is something else. You can guarantee our fan base is going to expand exponentially with this superstar up front!
How about the game we could have won the league against the rags?

It does seem we're in a crisis every time someone gets into our back third. Its been a bit weird, like we have no interest in defending. I have to believe we'll get this cleaned up. I honestly believe we'll get back to playing at an acceptable level defensively. What excites me is we've scored 13 goals in 4 games and we're not close to where we can go offensively. I think our offensive potential is immense. What will we look like in February or March going into money time. It could get very scary for our opponents and really good for us.
Not sure that’s true. We conceded from 2 set pieces today. They didn’t really trouble us otherwise.

Yet we still came back and battered them.

Had a flashback to the Forest game when Crosby headed the ball out of Dibbles hands and scored - can laugh about it now though
And there were assholes even then saying it was a good goal, LOL...

Another match that has you scratching your head like the Villa game. At half time there looked no way back for us but an absolutely magnificent Bernardo dragged us back into it by example. A whirling all action dervish, snarling and putting in superhuman effort he simply refused to accept defeat. Haaland will grab all the headlines but Bernardo led by example.

The first half was awful. What on earth has happened to our defence?? Absolutely shocking and Ederson has turned into Margetson. For those not of a certain age let me tell you it's not a compliment. Palace attacks may have been rare but they scored twice and looked likely to score every single time they got anywhere near our box. I'm not sure if it's tactics or a collective loss of form but it needs addressing urgently. Absolutely nothing clicked in the first half.

The second half, what a contrast. We ran Palace dizzy and could have scored more. Once Haaland and the team become even more used to playing together it could be frightening for our opponents. An out and out forward who looks almost ordinary at times then bangs in a hat trick. I'll take that. Alvarez also looks like he could be a great addition. Fast and terrier like.

After the game, on advice from here, I decided to wander to have a look at that new bar in the South stand. Very impressive. Loads of staff and tills, all pleasant and friendly and a DJ playing a great set. I enjoyed a very pleasant hour in there before heading home once the crush had eased. Well done metrolink for once again running direct trams to and from Altrincham. Can we please continue this?

On the subject of trams I have to write this not so pleasant bit. I do so in the hope the two cretins I'm talking about read it and take a long hard look at their behaviour. I got on the Altrincham tram at 18:00 from the stadium. Two pissed up young lads spent the whole journey singing about Munich, scousers being crushed at Hillsborough and shouting vile sexist and homophobic comments all littered with foul language in front of women and kids. The tram driver was a great bloke, talking over the intercom and having a laugh. For some reason they kept on shouting he was a paedo. That word was used a lot, it seems to be a favourite insult for the brain dead these days. Blues or not if somebody would have sparked the two of them out I'd have celebrated along with the whole tram. Grow up lads!

Another match that has you scratching your head like the Villa game. At half time there looked no way back for us but an absolutely magnificent Bernardo dragged us back into it by example. A whirling all action dervish, snarling and putting in superhuman effort he simply refused to accept defeat. Haaland will grab all the headlines but Bernardo led by example.

The first half was awful. What on earth has happened to our defence?? Absolutely shocking and Ederson has turned into Margetson. For those not of a certain age let me tell you it's not a compliment. Palace attacks may have been rare but they scored twice and looked likely to score every single time they got anywhere near our box. I'm not sure if it's tactics or a collective loss of form but it needs addressing urgently. Absolutely nothing clicked in the first half.

The second half, what a contrast. We ran Palace dizzy and could have scored more. Once Haaland and the team become even more used to playing together it could be frightening for our opponents. An out and out forward who looks almost ordinary at times then bangs in a hat trick. I'll take that. Alvarez also looks like he could be a great addition. Fast and terrier like.

After the game, on advice from here, I decided to wander to have a look at that new bar in the South stand. Very impressive. Loads of staff and tills, all pleasant and friendly and a DJ playing a great set. I enjoyed a very pleasant hour in there before heading home once the crush had eased. Well done metrolink for once again running direct trams to and from Altrincham. Can we please continue this?

On the subject of trams I have to write this not so pleasant bit. I do so in the hope the two cretins I'm talking about read it and take a long hard look at their behaviour. I got on the Altrincham tram at 18:00 from the stadium. Two pissed up young lads spent the whole journey singing about Munich, scousers being crushed at Hillsborough and shouting vile sexist and homophobic comments all littered with foul language in front of women and kids. The tram driver was a great bloke, talking over the intercom and having a laugh. For some reason they kept on shouting he was a paedo. That word was used a lot, it seems to be a favourite insult for the brain dead these days. Blues or not if somebody would have sparked the two of them out I'd have celebrated along with the whole tram. Grow up lads!
Aside from him releasing the ball because he was leaving his area, what do you think Ederson could have done more on?

The triple deflection on the own goal or the power header in the corner from an unmarked centre back?

Not sure that’s true. We conceded from 2 set pieces today. They didn’t really trouble us otherwise.

Yet we still came back and battered them.
From the standpoint of conceding 3 more the week before. To be clear I'm not saying anyone is setting up shop and living in our end. I'm saying when someone manages to get there regardless of how rare and whether its on a counter, off a set piece, whatever, we seem vulnerable. It needs to be cleaned up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.