Crystal Palace (H) | Post Match Thread

It surely falls under the end of this sentence in the laws though:

• prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from the hands or kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it
View attachment 54183

Ederson is in the process of releasing the ball there.
@Vic

I refer you to my post, from the fourth bullet point down under “2. Indirect Free Kick” within “Law 12: Fouls And Misconduct”.

This thread be be half the number of pages if only those who understood the LOTG were allowed to post. This 3rd goal that everyone is going on about was quite rightly chalked off and if people listen the ref blew the whistle before the ball went into the net. It was about the only thing the ref got right all game. You can debate the Erling high boot all day long as that is subjective this incident was fact.

This thread be be half the number of pages if only those who understood the LOTG were allowed to post. This 3rd goal that everyone is going on about was quite rightly chalked off and if people listen the ref blew the whistle before the ball went into the net. It was about the only thing the ref got right all game. You can debate the Erling high boot all day long as that is subjective this incident was fact.
It was the same last week with the Trippier incident on de Bruyne.

Across about half a dozen threads there were posters saying “he was off the floor and out of control, it should have been a red card”. When the words “off the floor” and “out of control” aren’t in the LOTG.

I believe in the Sky studio the other day, Dermott Gallagher was explaining why it was an infringement on Ederson, and Warnock and the others in the studio said “oh I didn’t know that was the rule”… Warnock played 555 games in his career over 15 years and is now supposed to be a radio and television pundit on the sport. How the fuck does he not know the LOTG inside out? And even if he doesn’t, how is he going into the studio to talk about the weekend’s incidents and not reading up on that one, knowing it’ll come up, before going into work?… imagine going into a meeting at work not prepared for what is about to be talked about in a normal job? your boss would hammer you!

Last edited by a moderator:
From your posts I thought you were searching for that specific bit mate.
Not really. I quoted it on Saturday night!

Depends.

The offence is: "prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from the hands or kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it".

Intercepting the ball when the goalkeeper has released it isn't an offence.

And it's not a mandatory YC.

It was the same last week with the Trippier incident on de Bruyne.

Across about half a dozen threads there were posters saying “he was off the floor and out of control, it should have been a red card”. When the words “off the floor” and “out of control” aren’t in the LOTG.

I believe in the Sky studio the other day, Dermott Gallagher was explaining why it was an infringement on Ederson, and Warnock and the others in the studio said “oh I didn’t know that was the rule”… Warnock played 555 games in his career over 15 years and is now supposed to be a radio and television pundit on the sport. How the fuck does he not know the LOTG inside out? And even if he doesn’t, how is he going into the studio to talk about the weekend’s incidents and not reading up on that one, knowing it’ll come up, before going into work?… imagine going into a meeting at work not prepared for what is about to be talked about in a normal job? your boss would hammer you!
Whilst I agree about the words “off the floor” and “out of control” aren’t in the LOTG these phrases have been used by everyone for many seasons to justify red cards. Suddenly this didn't apply to the Trippier challenge despite there being no clear and obvious error once the red had been produced and despite the so called high bar for overturning decisions.

Reactions: Vic
how is he going into the studio to talk about the weekend’s incidents and not reading up on that one, knowing it’ll come up, before going into work?… imagine going into a meeting at work not prepared for what is about to be talked about in a normal job? your boss would hammer you!
Absolutely- just emphasises the poor quality of all the pundits as Warnock is one of the better ones. They’re all a joke & when we look back it is even more obvious - eg the Merson; Stelling & Phil Thompson comments when we signed KDB

Absolutely- just emphasises the poor quality of all the pundits as Warnock is one of the better ones. They’re all a joke & when we look back it is even more obvious - eg the Merson; Stelling & Phil Thompson comments when we signed KDB

It just proves that a person who has a talent for kicking a football about isn't always that intelligent or has any superior knowledge than your average fan watching the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.