Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

Wasn't at the game yesterday decided to have acute kidney failure instead so my son went with son in law and took my grandson for his first City game, (we didn't lose so he's not banned from going) had the game on a dodgy stream on my tablet and it really wasn't good for my blood pressure.

Sorry to hear about your condition.

I think a lot of young Blues were at their first game yesterday. There were a couple of families travelling with our Supporters Club and brining youngesters to their first game. Maybe this was the first Prem match people could buy tickets together for quite a while, I’m not sure.

I think we played plenty of good football but the final touches or passes of Raheem, Silva and Gundogan thwarted our end product - at times. It was good to see Mendy getting so many decent crosses / pull backs into the box and Aguero’s finishing almost neon is the 3 points.

We could really do with somebody in defence that excels on one on one defending and is powerful in the air.

We have never been media savvy and I like it way as we always show by deed why the media are irrelevant in the bigger picture.

I thought again we were unlucky with the result and on the balance of play should have got the win but that's football.

Chelsea should have got at worst a point and got nothing and again you don't always get the result you deserve on the day.

To qualify for next years Chump League again is the aim and we begin again next decade when we have been far an away the best team of the past decade in England.
Well said, my man. Watched the City game and then the Chelsea game afterwards and I thought the same.

One game that sticks in my mind for similarities was the 99 CL final. Bayern were sublime and controlled United. Alas, they relax as is natural when you’re in control, and Bobs your Uncle, Solskjaer and Sheringham win the game late, late on. I will always have that abiding memory of Samuel Kouffour banging the pitch in rage.

Reactions: mcs
Pep's stubborn rotation feels just for the sake it.

Mahrez in top form - dropped , Rodri playing well , dropped.

Bernardo and sterling out of form - picked

Hate the dippers and they have been lucky wih injuries , but u can easily name their team every week.
Salah, Mane, firmino hardly ever dropped. Just rotates the fullbacks from time to time. If you aren’t playing good enough, you aren’t playing in that side. Simple as that. Our team reminds me of a primary school, everything has to be fair, everyone will get a turn. No, if you’re being a shit ****, you aren’t playing. Simple as that.

Sadly I dont see us winning the Champions League with Pep.

His inability to be pragmatic in Europe was his undoing at Bayern Munich in the Champions League.And so far has been his undoing with us.

3 campaigns in the Champions League have all been undermined by Pep inability to be pragmatic/defensive when needed.The suicide at Monaco away when we neither attacked or defended.And lost a healthy home leg advantage.That first leg at Liverpool the following season was another example of Pep shortcomings in Europe,conceding those goals by refusing to change our style.A gallant display in the second leg was not enough.The damage was done in the first Leg..

Last season we should have been European Champions.Yet again Pep inexplicably left our best player out the first leg.

This season minus Vinny and with La Porte injury we have been conceding to nearly every counter attack from shite teams like Wolves,Crystal Palace,Norwich,Newcastle.

Anyone who thinks we stand a chance in Europe with our defense is deluded.
Agree. He’s taken some real beatings in the CL because of his refusal to compromise on his ideals. His “Achilles Heal”.

No way. With one injury after another (we had injuries last season as well) .......we've dropped to second to a team that currently can't lose if they try to, and remain in every cup comp. Pep sees the players all week (we don't), he knows how to coach good players (we as fans don't), he's the greatest coach on the planet (some of us might coach a Sunday team). Speak to ten of the loudest near me in the North Stand and you get ten different opinions. Thankfully, Pep's in charge and not some guy who posts on Blue Moon.
Bingo!

I thought they were checking to see if his hand was in an unnatural position or not. If that is the new law, I don't know why they bothered as it obviously came off his body first.
Given that the ref was on the other side of the pitch he couldn’t possibly have seen what had happened and I don’t think the liner flagged. Just another inept ref.

Well said - although I think you've got the Lovren/VvD thing the wrong way round.
I know it's a rarity, but I spoke to a relatively sensible Liverpool fan in the week, my new boss unfortunately!
He mentioned he was surprised how inconsistent City had been this season, so I posed him this scenario:

Imagine Lovren had gone to Klopp in the summer and said I'm retiring, and Liverpool said OK, then didn't replace him. Then at the start of August Firmino gets an injury that keeps him out for 7/8 months. Then at the beginning of September Van Dijk gets a 6 month injury. And during that period Klopp takes your best midfielder, Henderson or Wijnaldum and sticks him at centre back, effectively worsening the midfield. How do you think Liverpool would be doing this season?

His response.... they probably would be fighting for a top 4 spot.

Well that's just what has happened at City. Some of it our own fault, some just bad luck.

Well said. May I add VAR to that scenario?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.