Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

Jesus is very unlucky not to start more games. Aguero is a better finisher perhaps, but Jesus has a fantastic all round game. Perhaps they are due a run together?

I'm completely calm unlike many on here who after a set back completely overreact.

Stones does his job and its a masterstroke by Pep whose subs turn the game around, he doesn't and we need to replace the manager.

What does it say about elements of our fanbase when they want to replace a manager who is 2nd in the league, favourite to win one cup and deep into two others.

He is likely to win SIX domestic trophies on the trot, its fucking madness.

The team needs a slight rebuild, once that is done then Pep can be judged if he is the man to take us forward, not before.

For all the doubters I would be very interested who they think can do a better job, they probably want Mancini back...
What a brain-dead, pissy-arsed post.

Has anybody seriously demanded Pep’s head or are they pointing out the obvious: that there are clear flaws and he’s not above questioning?

Please show me two posts saying Pep out.

Some the criticism is a reaction to the fanboy garbage from certain corners.

Can’t understand some on here wanting Pep to get the sack. Most successful manager in England the past few years. Last year won the domestic treble plus back to back titles holding off tremendous pressure from Liverpool to win it. This season was always going to be a down turn, counter that with Kompany leaving, Laporte injury. Not getting another centre half was an error. Pep deserves a lot of credit and much more importantly support now.
Who wants Pep to get the sack?

What a brain-dead, pissy-arsed post.

Has anybody seriously demanded Pep’s head or are they pointing out the obvious: that there are clear flaws and he’s not above questioning?

Please show me two posts saying Pep out.

Some the criticism is a reaction to the fanboy garbage from certain corners.

Classic bluemoon, you're a fan boy if you defend our manager from nonsense. Those poster on here who know my history will tell you I was a big critic of both Pellegrini and Mancini when things needed to change, I ain't no fanboy or biggest blue ever...

As for Pep out, there was plenty suggesting we change manager, he's taken us as far as he can etc yesterday. Try the search function as I can't be arsed wasting any more energy on the topic.

That is exactly how I would usually feel. Usually.

But as you would expect this current side to be in the title race and we weren’t going into the game. I took yesterday’s result far better than I usually would. Since the Wolves game the premier league is kind of meh. We’ll comfortably get CL place and that’s the extent of it.

I actually have more passion about getting the league cup and going through in the FA Cup and obviously really want a crack at the CL and looking forward to the Madrid tie.

But I’m relaxed about the league now. It’s done.. if the league could give me some satisfaction this year it would be Liverpool to drop some serious points as they really don’t deserve to break our points records as they aren’t close to being as good as we were the past few seasons.

Reading this has made me feel a bit better.
The one nagging feeling I can’t shake off is the fact that unless it’s mathematically impossible, the league could still be done.

I know I should come to terms with it, but I can’t let it go.
The dippers surely can’t keep going at roadrunner speed in the next few months..surely?
If it was anybody else (apart from the rags) I wouldn’t let it get to me.
I suppose it’s the media love-in, the self entitlement, the ‘cannot do anything wrong’ bullshit, the cheating, the var decisions, the bent refs......etc.
I just hope (like you said) they drop serious points & not beat our record, starting today (I feel dirty saying that!).

Sorry mate, I can’t help but chuckle at some random City fan on a football forum pointing out the shortcomings of arguably the greatest manager there’s ever been. Please don’t take this the wrong way, but I have to point out that Pep has forgotten more about football than you’ll ever know. I’m not saying you shouldn’t have an opinion but you should maybe bear this n mind. The idea that Pep doesn’t understand the tactical drawbacks of different systems when his tactics have transformed the way football is played is truly laughable.
I agree with pretty much everything you've said.
My point of reference though is the 2 CL semi final games I watched with interest as we knew Pep was one day going to be our manager.

The Bayern team on paper in both games was formidable. However on the pitch it was a shambles.

agree - its a balance between the risks and the rewards with the way he sets up

but do you think he should adjust it slightly when he knows its going to be a much bigger issue than normal (or another way of putting it - the risks start to outweigh the rewards -ie playing the scousers who have 3 of the fastest forwards in the prem who are all technically gifted on one vs ones and with space to operate - who only need a half chance to score let alone the gilt edges chances Pep system does afford any team at times.

I wouldnt change it for the world (or Pep) but there are times I think he could just be a little different.
He does change his system - see games at Man Utd and Liverpool

No one that I can see is saying the board should be meeting today or Monday to decide whether to sack him this week because we fucked up against Palace again. But you seem to think people are saying that as you've got so uptight about it that you're not reading what people are writing. What people are saying is that we might need to accept that, as good a manager as he is, there's a possibility that he's reached his peak with us or he's burned himself out. He might think he's at that stage and decide to go at the end of next season, when his contract ends.

As you've mentioned Mancini, there was a great example of a manager who gave us a kick up the backside when we needed it. But eventually the players got tired of his angry man schtick and many were threatening to walk. That was Mancini, for better or worse, and that's why he had a short shelf-life at a club. We also had a sense of misguided loyalty to him as we should have let him walk in the summer of 2012 as he was threatening to do.

So unless something dramatic and unforeseen happens, Pep has another season and a half here. There is currently no better manager in the world than Pep but if things have gone stale and he can't or doesn't want to turn things round then he won't be here in 2021/22. We may not get a "better" manager but we might get one who's better for us at that time. And so the cycle starts again.

In one post you state Pep has "credit in the bank for what he's done the last 3 seasons" but then go onto to say "Loyalty doesn't come into it I'm afraid". I completely disagree, he's earned that loyalty based on the 3 season, maybe 4 as we don't know how this season will play out.

I repeat what I said earlier, where were all the doubters when we hammered the Rags and Villa? Probably blowing smoke up Pep's arse...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.