Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

When will Pep learn that David Silva and Ismay Gundogan doesn't work? It never has worked and never will work. It is responsible for the majority if dropped points over the last 3 seasons. Our attacking play goes sideways too much and simply isn't quick enough.
Even then we should have won, but David Stones is useless. He has totally lost it since spliting with his wife and really shows no signs of getting back to any sort of form. Arteta wants him at Arsenal - all I can say is SELL.
Fernandinho isn't great as a centre half either, but there you go...
Jesus and Marhez changed the game when they came on and that gave Aguero space scoring two goals in quick sucession. Sadly our central defence has other ideas.
The only good thing about our defence today was Mendy who is getting much better.

He's a beast at centre half. May get caught out sometimes with height but his ability in that position is fine. Especially compared to Stones who is actually a centre half.

After what Sergio,Jesus and Mahrez did to Villa last week I can’t get my head around the changes especially as we had no midweek game

Pep plans ahead for the next game and picks team to suit always has since he has been here?! Think we have done ok with that it’s just that we going through a mini transition which we are not aloud to have it’s seems.

He's a beast at centre half. May get caught out sometimes with height but his ability in that position is fine. Especially compared to Stones who is actually a centre half.
He's a beast as a DM but he's not a great as a Centre Half. Good yes. Great - no.
Not tall enough to deal with some headers and sometimes poor when the ball is on the edge of our box and he is pushing out.

I couldn’t give a toss about him online, but I am pleased to see he’s maintaining a run of fitness and games, and that his match performances are improving. It didn’t help they sat so deep today with so many players in the crowded box, but his delivery gives us an added dimension.
Mendy is the wrong place to be looking for the big issues from today imho

Mendy had a more than decent game. He is improving as you'd hope with a run of games in the side. He is strong, athletic and a very good attacking option. Thankfully the memories of Zinchenko or Angelino at LB are beginning to fade. Today Mendy contributed more going forward than Sterling, Bernardo and Merlin combined and fought hard for the team.

We continually gave the ball to Mendy. It was a bit predictable. Cancelo was lazy. rarely got forward. I'd get rid of Cancelo. Attitude is not right. He should be seizing his chance instead he's coasting. I'll have to watch the goals again. I'm in hhe front row and don't get a good view of the corners. I thought our problem was what we have seen all season...a lack of height at the back as I saw Palace win two headers in their opener.

We don't lack height, we do lack aggression.

When you watch it back tonight, you will see Stones both times lose headers which proceeds their goals, all because he was not strong enough.

Getting the ball to Mendy might have appeared predictable, but Palace could do nothing about it, so Pep was spot on in regards that set up.

We overloaded one side of the pitch and Mendy delivered time and again, also passing intelligently into midfield.

I have hammered him previously but I'm honest enough to admit it when he has played brilliantly.

Agree totally on Cancelo, he's changed clubs Al lot for somebody so young, which was a warning sign. He stayed back more today to probably cover the counter of Zaha, but he is a shirker.

I've suggested countless times and the stats seem to back it up more and more, when we do lose points, Gundo and Dave are in the middle together.

Sterling needs more than one game to rest. For nigh on three months he's been crap, and no amount of revisionism from his previous England pack hypocrites will convince me otherwise.

Pep dropped a bollock today by trying to give Mahrez a rest and going with Raheem.

Our situation at CB has been incredibly shit. Kompany leaves, Laporte gets injured, Stones can't stay fit, Otamendi has been poor most of the time....Think people should have this in mind when moaning about formations and tactics. Where would Liverpool be with such problems at CB. Top 4 or worse?

The only thing I disagree with Pep is his reluctance to play Walker at CB. He literally can't be worse there than the current options and can at least run fast.

We all know the league went 3 months ago.. give Garcia and or HB a run instead. We will still get into the CL next year as the rest of the league is dross

Honestly say some real fucking Mard arses support City , greatest period in our history, three trophies up for grabs , greatest ever manager , greatest ever forward, show some respect and support them , we can’t win the league every season , so fucking what !!
Couldn't agree anymore carlos

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.