Crystal Palace (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno if Don Sergio will still be isolating but I think Torres has to come in. Would he be in the middle or would you swap him with Jesus? Zinc tries but I think he's not the level we need. Mendy? Sigh!

FFS will probably be on the bench and I actually think he might be better as an impact sub.

Hope we practice our shooting and get in the face of Palace early else I feel we'll end up with a tighter game which'll suit dive merchant Zaha.

As ever only Pep knows. But don't get outthought by bleedin Woyosaurus !!!!!!

This will be another tough game like the Brighton one, got to get a grip of Zaha and Eze. No easy games against lower teams. I'd take a 1-0 win now

Had not realised till just now that Palace are playing tomorrow.

Lee Mason ref so the keeper will no doubt time waste and get away with it.

Good hing they play tomorrow vs Arsenal away, 1 day less to relax for them. Hope Arteta wears them down enough.

Really hope Jesus will start scoring because he really looks like he can go dozens of games without a goal.

A potential banana skin this if we don’t fucking learn to finish. We seem to play worse against these shit teams. How can we comfortably beat Chelsea, rags and Arse but play so shit against Brighton and draw with fucking WBA? Need to start dicking these lower sides, get the goal difference and confidence up.

Palace are a team used to playing without the ball they're adept at defending deep but have a habit of coming unstuck if teams play at a good tempo. If we play like we did tonight they'll take points, they have a better counter attacking unit than what Brighton had.

Think we need to go with a striker, if aguero or jesus are fit and available then whoever in the best condition otherwise start torres upfront.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Dias
Mendy
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Kdb
Foden
Sterling
aguero/jesus/torres

Bernardo on the bench purely because his versatility means he can replace any of the front 5 depending on who Pep decides needs resting. Have to utilise our full squad to keep everybody as fresh as possible.

Palace are a dour, dirty and thuggish outfit, every bit as negative as Burnley with the only real difference being they have a couple of genuinely pacy and talented players up front. Albeit one of them would be in the conversation in any debate about the worst diver and cheat in the league.
Unlike most ‘defend deep and hit us on the break’ outfits, these lot carry a genuine threat, especially in the wide positions.
We need to be on it 100%, compete physically, take our chances when they come and not switch off at the back. Ferna and Walker a must for their aggression and mobility. Also don’t want Mendy or Zinchenko anywhere near a pitch where Zaha and Eze are running at them so in Ake’s continued absemce, Cancelo at LB.
We won’t get away with a second half like tonight against these

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.