Crystal Palace (H) - Sat 16th Dec, 15:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget Garnachos overhead tap in for goal of the season the other day,

No doubt some Palace debutant or player who's not scored in years will
send some unbelievable 40 yarder into the top right corner.....................

Hopefully, will be only goal we concede and City win 4:1
I can remember, years ago away at Palace, a match I missed for some
reason, Mark Bright their centre forward had gone 18 games without scoring..I just knew what was going to happen..
About 15 mins in,radio 2 announced "goal at Selhurst Park....Mark Bright"

Crystal Palace memories...

"Team of the 80s" under Terry Venables ( RIP) ,promoted to the old 1st Division on a wave of optimism, Kenny Sansom,Jerry Murphy,and Vince Hilaire young exciting players together with older heads like Big Jim Canon and Welsh midfielder Peter Nicholas..

Former City striker Clive Allen( 19 yrs old) joining Arsenal for a million from QPR pre season ,but joining Palace before a ball was kicked in anger for Arsenal. One of the strangest transfers ever..Think it was a swop deal with Kenny Sansom iirc

Bright and Wright at Maine rd,..Eric Nixon sent off....enough said,
Old second division days ,top of the league,Palace 2nd,Lake puts City 1nil up with a pen..City collapse 2nd half... 1-3 Palace.

The Blues Brothers end of season party at Selhurst- City Palace fans love in, as Palace due to play utd in the fa cup the week after...

Nial Quinn's superb hat trick at Selhust ,Right foot,Left foot and Header
One of the goals a brilliant volley....playing in the famous all-white kit.

City with Yaya outstanding winning under extreme pressure after Liverpool slipped at home to Chelsea earlier in the day...very important step on the road to the title that year.

Not one of my fav clubs or grounds tbh.

But we did get Steve McKenzie from their reserves!

Last edited:

"Team of the 80s" under Terry Venables ( RIP) ,promoted to the old 1st Division on a wave of optimism, Kenny Sansom,Jerry Murphy,and Vince Hilaire young exciting players together with older heads like Big Jim Canon and Welsh midfielder Peter Nicholas..

Former City striker Clive Allen( 19 yrs old) joining Arsenal for a million from QPR pre season ,but joining Palace before a ball was kicked in anger for Arsenal. One of the strangest transfers ever..Think it was a swop deal with Kenny Sansom iirc

Old second division days ,top of the league,Palace 2nd,Lake puts City 1nil up with a pen..City collapse 2nd half... 1-3 Palace.

The Blues Brothers end of season party at Selhurst- City Palace fans love in, as Palace due to play utd in the fa cup the week after...

Nisl Quinn's superb hat trick at Selhust ,Right foot,Left foot and Header
One of the goals a brilliant volley....playing in the famous all-time white kit.

City with Yaya outstanding winning under extreme pressure after Liverpool slipped at home to Chelsea earlier in the day...very important step on the road to the title that year.

Memories.

Steve Lomas swallowing his tongue was hair-raising.

Also El Mel Machin’s last game there v Charlton. A nice finish from Clive Allen for a 1-1 draw.

Unpredictable Palace will need us to concentrate but I predict a win. 1-0.

Nisl Quinn's superb hat trick at Selhust ,Right foot,Left foot and Header
One of the goals a brilliant volley....playing in the famous all-time white kit.

Was at the Blues brothers game

Also was at the one when they were going for play offs and they missed out as we drew with them and it turned nasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.