Crystal Palace (H) - Sat 16th Dec, 15:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crystal Palace memories...

"Team of the 80s" under Terry Venables ( RIP) ,promoted to the old 1st Division on a wave of optimism, Kenny Sansom,Jerry Murphy,and Vince Hilaire young exciting players together with older heads like Big Jim Canon and Welsh midfielder Peter Nicholas..

Former City striker Clive Allen( 19 yrs old) joining Arsenal for a million from QPR pre season ,but joining Palace before a ball was kicked in anger for Arsenal. One of the strangest transfers ever..Think it was a swop deal with Kenny Sansom iirc

Bright and Wright at Maine rd,..Eric Nixon sent off....enough said,
Old second division days ,top of the league,Palace 2nd,Lake puts City 1nil up with a pen..City collapse 2nd half... 1-3 Palace.

The Blues Brothers end of season party at Selhurst- City Palace fans love in, as Palace due to play utd in the fa cup the week after...

Nisl Quinn's superb hat trick at Selhust ,Right foot,Left foot and Header
One of the goals a brilliant volley....playing in the famous all-time white kit.

City with Yaya outstanding winning under extreme pressure after Liverpool slipped at home to Chelsea earlier in the day...very important step on the road to the title that year.

Not one of my fav clubs or grounds tbh.

But we did get Steve McKenzie from their reserves!
Wasn’t palace away also the start of the Imre Banana chant that led to the inflatables craze? Did anyone ever know who was the first Blue to bring that banana as whoever it was helped start the move away from football violence? (The bad bastard, it was all we had in those days)

Your prob right..long way home after all the false hope.
It was deffo 4 0. Fucking horrible drive home you’re right. Got home at about 4am after drop offs, in work at 7:30 am. We had a temp working for us who was a Blue from Birmingham and the cunts in the office told him I liked talking about the football even after a defeat - as soon as I got in he asked me what the game was like - my response was less than rational!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.