Crystal Palace (H) - Sat 27th Aug 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be a difficult game this. Hopefully we can score first so that Palace have to come at us and we get a more open game. Team pretty much picks itself with the injuries. Only question mark is over Bernardo or Mahrez on the right.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Dias
Cancelo
Rodri
Gundogan
De Bruyne
Bernardo
Foden
Haaland

Thought Pep may have played some different formations last night but it looks like we're going shit or bust 2-3-5 all season.

It's a great formation against 75-80% of teams but if we struggle in 25% of games with it, it'll be a long slog until June.
I think Pep will maintain the inverted full-backs because he knows most teams can only hurt us on counter-attacks. Personally i dont think we have the players for it.

The problem is both Gundogan and Kdb play high up, one has to drop deeper or Bernardo has to play. Cancelo pushes forward too and Foden and Bernardo (suprisingly) on Sunday were poor tracking the opposistion wingers. Only Rodri and Walker were playing in CM.

We should have gone 2 nil up againts Newcastle and no-one would be talking about formations.

Most people seem to be anticipating this game with trepidation. I see it as a very exciting prospect and really looking forward to it.
Would much rather be watching a game with jeopardy than the stroll v Bournmouth, though some of that passing in the first half would have killed Most sides.
If we don't get a man sent off in the first 30 minutes think we will be fine.

I’ve absolutely no idea why there’s so much doom and gloom on this website.

I keep reading how short we are and how bad things are and how the squad is somehow worse than last season.

I think people saying that are fucking misery guts.

We’re stronger than last season, we’ve got fucking Erling Haaland up front for crying out loud and KDB in the best form in world football.

All I see and hear is problems problems problems from people posting on here.

I just don’t get the negativity!

Caragher has come out and just said Liverpool (and no one else for that matter) are even close to us.

Arsenal fan who lives round the corner from me has said todsy he’s Buzzin for their season but expects us to walk the league.

Our rivals think more highly of us than some of our own fans for fook sake!

Cheer up you miserable sods!

I think Pep will maintain the inverted full-backs because he knows most teams can only hurt us on counter-attacks. Personally i dont think we have the players for it.

The problem is both Gundogan and Kdb play high up, one has to drop deeper or Bernardo has to play. Cancelo pushes forward too and Foden and Bernardo (suprisingly) on Sunday were poor tracking the opposistion wingers. Only Rodri and Walker were playing in CM.

We should have gone 2 nil up againts Newcastle and no-one would be talking about formations.
The thing with Bernado is he’s obviously a brilliant footballer, also very tenacious with exceptional running power which works fantastically in midfield where he’s fairly quick over a few yards. However, one thing he doesn’t have is pace so i’m unsure how he was supposed to get back and help against rapid counter attacks when starting 20 yards higher up the pitch on the right side against genuine pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.