Crystal Palace (H) - Sat 27th Aug 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that Alvarez and Gomez have only just joined, you don't know that for sure. I've been watching Alvarez since I first heard we were interested in him and he's a very exciting prospect. In Argentina, many coaches rate him more highly than Aguero.

Gomez has looked very good so far, reads the game well. But all those who used to moan about Zinc now have somebody else to moan about.
Gomez looked shaky in a friendly and Alvarez is miles off leading our line.

Some seem to struggle with the reasoning that the bench is weaker as we have 4 top players out. We still have a world class XI & some top players on the bench.

We can’t sign someone every time someone gets injured.
We can't? When did that rule come in?

How do you arrive at that conclusion? What may have happened previously is completely irrelevant, any player can get injured at any time.

Ake was injured last season , now injured this season, the season which he joined as well he had problems , since he’s been here he’s picked up knocks and pulls, at Bournemouth he was the same getting little knocks and injuries

Stones can’t stay fit apart from that season with Dias I don’t think he’s ever done a full season without some sort of injury. he’s always had a knock or not fit enough when asked in peps press conferences. Which is annoying because on form he’s our best centre back.

it’s normal for those two its not irrelevant when it’s a ongoing issue.

Thats a very optimistic take....the reality when experience and injury is factored isnt quite as rosey.
I'd call it a realistic take.

We're not going to have 3 senior DMs or 5 senior CBs just in case of injury, unless any of the injuries are longer term.

Like I said, I think we're a player light (FB). Let's hope the academy players can step up if needed.

On squads: we play an incredibly tactically demanding game that requires total buyin from all the players. Can't keep 21 world class players, we barely keep 16 or 17 happy, so we will keep 16 or 17. We didn't go out of the CL because of squad depth, and Sterling and Jesus didn't do the business when they came in at cup semi finals. So we've shuffled the deck.

I'd call it a realistic take.

We're not going to have 3 senior DMs or 5 senior CBs just in case of injury, unless any of the injuries are longer term.

Like I said, I think we're a player light (FB). Let's hope the academy players can step up if needed.

Hoping you are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.