Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

Somewhere, right now, there is an electronic toolbox that is being passed around to show how to beat City.
The whole league know a shot on target is 50% going in. A trip in the box is 50% given as a penalty.
A 78% possession rate means fuck all in the grand scheme of things.
Putting City under pressure when they have been under no pressure for 75 minutes will reap rewards. They can't handle it.

My last post of the evening. I think Pep is overthinking things again. It's obvious to the world and his dog that no team can go 'full on' for 90 minutes and the authorities have given the rich teams the bonus of having five subs per game to re-energise their efforts. It's no real surprise to anyone, surely, that tired players make tired mistakes. What's the point of having Kalvin Phillips (or others) on the bench if there is no intention to use him? Palace had loads of injuries and still made 5 subs (I think). Surely we should have 'options' and strategies pre prepared for every eventuality. Surely that's one of the responsibilities of the manager and backroom staff. Bottom line, if Pep does not trust the bench players then maybe he should mention it to someone.
Pep doesn't rate or trust half of that bench today, Bobb should've come on at some point and probably Nunes for a bit more drive. Don't know what Pep was playing at re subs again

Blaming individuals is wrong, the whole bloody team is underperforming and look shattered when the game gets into the last 20 minutes. Player acquisition's have been underwhelming and our already wafer thin squad is much weaker because of it. Pep has a monumental task to even keep us in the top 4.

My last post of the evening. I think Pep is overthinking things again. It's obvious to the world and his dog that no team can go 'full on' for 90 minutes and the authorities have given the rich teams the bonus of having five subs per game to re-energise their efforts. It's no real surprise to anyone, surely, that tired players make tired mistakes. What's the point of having Kalvin Phillips (or others) on the bench if there is no intention to use him? Palace had loads of injuries and still made 5 subs (I think). Surely we should have 'options' and strategies pre prepared for every eventuality. Surely that's one of the responsibilities of the manager and backroom staff. Bottom line, if Pep does not trust the bench players then maybe he should mention it to someone.
He's still managing like he's got gundog, mahrez and kev in the team.

Somewhere, right now, there is an electronic toolbox that is being passed around to show how to beat City.
The whole league know a shot on target is 50% going in. A trip in the box is 50% given as a penalty.
A 78% possession rate means fuck all in the grand scheme of things.
Putting City under pressure when they have been under no pressure for 75 minutes will reap rewards. They can't handle it.
To be honest they scored twice without putting us on any pressure at all. We still managed to concede 2! It was hardly the Alamo. It was just completely piss poor defending for both goals including defending from the front.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.