Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

Love your comments. I just don’t feel we have the players this time around. We have lost some world class players and the replacements still to step up. Still feel that Stonesy on at 2-1 and we see the game out.

We are still in all the big 3 tournaments and the Fifa World Club trophy, So it's not that bad is it.
Pep knows his onions and nobody can doubt him at this stage of the season because we have many games to play.

The winter transfer window will be key for me and selling Phillips, if we can get good money for Phillips and invest in a couple of good signings then get players back like KDB and Haaland then who knows, City can and have put amazing runs together and smashed it from worst places than were we are today.

And I bet if we’d used that £225m to somehow turn Bellingham’s head and sign only him, we’d be higher up the league than we are now.

It’s not so much a lack of spending money, it’s not signing players that are good enough to improve us, or stay ahead of our rivals.

You think with a squad of 17 players, 15 when you include injuries to Kevin and Stones, would be plausible in multiple competitions, because it had Bellingham..

Riiiiight.

Opponents used to be wary of going toe to toe with us now they actively grasp the opportunity and we fold like a cheap suit. .
Teams like Palace are far too comfortable to play without the ball and just stack the box with bodies.

There were a few times where we had them spread out the field and we lacked the pace and vision to generate a counter attack.

Far too pedestrian at times.

We have been spoilt haven't we? Looking at the betting we are still favourites for the League, still favourites for the Champions League, still favourites for the FA Cup and still favourites for the World Club Championship. Desperate times.

We have been spoilt haven't we? Looking at the betting we are still favourites for the League, still favourites for the Champions League, still favourites for the FA Cup and still favourites for the World Club Championship. Desperate times.
To be fair, we're at the part of the season where we consistently seem to shit the bed so I get why fans are upset.

We just haven't seen the miraculous January change that preludes the big run of form yet.

16 points from last 11 league games... the kind of form/ return a team fighting relegation would be content with.

The amount of goals we're conceding in relation to chances conceded is utterly ridiculous, theres simply no desire to defend in this side it appears. We're supposedly stocked with 'world class' centre halves but yet most on here pointing the finger at midfield and attacking players when we're highest scorers in the league?

Its glaringly obvious where our weaknesses lie... yes we don't have the control we used to have in games but that shouldn't mean our defenders lose all ability and hunger to defend and stop goals like haaland shows every week to try and score at the other end.
If its not sorted sooner rather than later it will become a fight for top 4 never mind the title.

Sorry mate but Walker hasn't totally lost it. Playing a bit indifferent at times just like quite a few other squad members, so he's not alone in that respect.
He's been stinking this year.

If he hasn't lost it, he's in a prolonged spell of very poor form.

Don't be condescending mate I’ve been going to City for over fifty years. You need to get a bit of perspective you can't win them all and before you say it we've not been great for the last month or so. Give Pep a bit of slack or is that beyond you. Stop being entitled.
And I've had a season ticket for over 50 years and seen all the shit of the 80s and 90s.
Nobody denies Pep is the best manager in the world, but today was dreadful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.