Crystal Palace V Manchester City pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
supercity88 said:
With or without Silva we should be beating Palace. He is a key player, there is no doubt. But with all due respect to Palace it is not Barcelona we are playing. If Jovetic, Nasri, Navas or whoever else cannot break down their defence then we have real problems. They will try to battle us physically and counter attack. Traditionally we seem to struggle against teams that do that. The first goal will be crucial. I think Jovetic will be a key man. He can create chances like Silva would be is also a goal threat. We are likely to control possession but rather than stand still and expect we need to stretch their defence with lots of movement.

This.

I dont get why people are saying we wont beat Palace without Silva. Yes he is fundamental to our side, but we can cope without him haha. We have Toure, Aguero, Jovetic, Nasri, Milner... they are all easily good enough.

This is Crystal Palace, former Championship team. Not Atletico Madrid.

aguero93:20 said:
karen7 said:
What are palace like at home?
Fucking noisy, but the rags beat them 2-0 there a while back. Southampton also beat them, Norwich got a point since Pulis took over, they've won the rest.
Didn't Newcastle batter them at their ground?

Quagmire blue said:
karen7 said:
What are palace like at home?
Fucking noisy, but the rags beat them 2-0 there a while back. Southampton also beat them, Norwich got a point since Pulis took over, they've won the rest.
The Geordies got a last minute winner at St James recently. Don't know the result at Palace.

---------------------- Hart
Zabaleta - Demichelis - Kompany - Clichy
-----------------Garcia - Fernandinho
Milner--------------- Yaya -----------Jovetic
--------------------- Aguero

Len Rum said:
Quagmire blue said:
The Geordies got a last minute winner at St James recently. Don't know the result at Palace.
I thought they beat them 4-1 but I just checked and it was 3-0 to Newcastle.

Scouse Blue said:
Going to be very very very tough with no Silva.

He is creativity personified.

Just for the record. No Silva in the team:

Stoke away 0-0

Villa away 2-3

Sunderland away 0-1

Soton away 1-1

Sunderland home 2-2

The last 20 last night!
I also share your worries, but we also played these games without Silva as well:

United at home - 4-1
Spurs at home - 6-0
Swansea at home - 3-0
West Brom away - 3-2
Southampton away - 1-1
Swansea away - 3-2

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Scouse Blue said:
Going to be very very very tough with no Silva.

He is creativity personified.

Just for the record. No Silva in the team:

Stoke away 0-0

Villa away 2-3

Sunderland away 0-1

Soton away 1-1

Sunderland home 2-2

The last 20 last night!
I also share your worries, but we also played these games without Silva as well:

United at home - 4-1
Spurs at home - 6-0
Swansea at home - 3-0
West Brom away - 3-2
Southampton away - 1-1
Swansea away - 3-2
Nasri stepped up really well in silva's absence earlier this season. He's going to have to do the same over the next few weeks. Worryingly though he hasn't looked great recently for whatever reason, possibly tiredness. He has played a hell of a lot of games this season.

Didn't want to start a new topic just for this but thought id mention that everton's Kevin mirallas has been ruled out for rest of season therefore will miss the game against us, as well as gareth Barry

Edit- now seen the Everton thread

Luck95 said:
Didn't want to start a new topic just for this but thought id mention that everton's Kevin mirallas has been ruled out for rest of season therefore will miss the game against us, as well as gareth Barry :)

Surprisingly....its in the Everton thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.