Crystal Palace V Manchester City pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to stay mentally strong, and handle a potential Liverpool win at home to Chelsea

Liverpool can slip up away at Palace or at home to Newcastle. Palace beat Chelsea after all

Marvin said:
We have to stay mentally strong, and handle a potential Liverpool win at home to Chelsea

Liverpool can slip up away at Palace or at home to Newcastle. Palace beat Chelsea after all
You go stay mentally strong mate, I'll go and have a melt down in the match day thread :'( and give out about all the players eating too many easter eggs and saving themselves for the world cup cause they only play for their paychecks...

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Will all depend on what happens before at Anfield.

We're looking for a shot in the arm, we desperately need it THIS weekend, otherwise I feel the reality of the situation is such, we will lack the required motivation to get the maximum from both the Palace and Everton games.

Neville was right, the other night.

If we had already played our game in hand against Villa, the pressure would be so very different on Liverpool.

The pressure would have been different on liverpool had we beaten sunderland at home.
I truly believe chelsea will get a draw at anfield.
And if that happens then pellegrini's "the liverpool match was in the players' heads" comment will really bite hard.

Hate to say it but I just can't see us winning at Palace, we have struggled all season against pressing teams and they will be up for continuing their good run and we will be missing David and potentially YaYa. Been a good season, we just did not have the squad (been missing 3 players for most of the season - Richards, Rodwell and Nasty) to compete on 4 fronts and its coming back to hurt us now.

Remember the monumental game that Yaya played at St James's Park in 2012? Of course you do. If he's going to step up and do it again, now's the time.
Is Aguero definitely in for this? By the way he limped around gingerly for ten minutes before going off on Monday, I was worried that he'd done himself again. If he's in, and Yaya's in, then we can definitely, definitely take the three points. It's greatly to our advantage, in my opinion, that we will know the result of dippers v chavs before even kicking off. For once the schedule has favoured us. We'll know exactly what's required.

Marvin said:

I agree. Turn a negative into a positive. The title becomes a straight fight between us and the Scousers.
A win at Palace also means we are strong favourites to get at least the runners-up spot etc,etc.
The problem is I see it that way, you see it that way but will this group of players and manager see it
that way? The way we crumbled against Sunderland doesn't inspire me to believe that we will
"fight to the end". I hope I'm wrong because I can't see Palace losing to both us & Liverpool so
a win there by us would mean it's still on.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Remember the monumental game that Yaya played at St James's Park in 2012? Of course you do. If he's going to step up and do it again, now's the time.
Is Aguero definitely in for this? By the way he limped around gingerly for ten minutes before going off on Monday, I was worried that he'd done himself again. If he's in, and Yaya's in, then we can definitely, definitely take the three points. It's greatly to our advantage, in my opinion, that we will know the result of dippers v chavs before even kicking off. For once the schedule has favoured us. We'll know exactly what's required.
Aguero's definitely fit

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Marvin said:

I agree. Turn a negative into a positive. The title becomes a straight fight between us and the Scousers.
A win at Palace also means we are strong favourites to get at least the runners-up spot etc,etc.
The problem is I see it that way, you see it that way but will this group of players and manager see it
that way? The way we crumbled against Sunderland doesn't inspire me to believe that we will
"fight to the end". I hope I'm wrong because I can't see Palace losing to both us & Liverpool so
a win there by us would mean it's still on.

Surely we did 'fight to the end though' against Sunderland, thus snatching what could be a very valuable point (and almost won it) from the jaws of defeat

Come on you Blues - don't f*ck this up on Sunday - keep an outside chance of winning the League going for another while. Get them up for it Manuel and, if necessary, have a pile of P45s available.

Oh and a steady supply of stretchers to accommodate the injuries we'll pick up during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.