Crystal Palace V Manchester City pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this has draw written all over it. Hope I'm wrong but we are always crap against a harrying wokmanlike team that is well organized defensively.

our performance will depend on the martyrs result , if they go 9 pts clear , i can see our players heads going down , it isnt right , and i would hope our lads would be professional and fight until the last game , but 9pts behind with 4 games left does look like mission impossible , lets hope maureen organises his troops to nick a 1-0 or a draw.

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Demichelis Clichy
Fernandinho Garcia
Navas Yaya Nasri
Aguero

1-0 City

I hope.

gmckennasell said:
our performance will depend on the martyrs result , if they go 9 pts clear , i can see our players heads going down , it isnt right , and i would hope our lads would be professional and fight until the last game , but 9pts behind with 4 games left does look like mission impossible , lets hope maureen organises his troops to nick a 1-0 or a draw.

Even if Chelsea lose we still have to play for the win, if we lose then Liverpool can win the title with a point from any of their 2 remaining games. If we win too then they are a game closer but they have to play Palace and it is just another opportunity for them to drop points. They are due a bad result but the problem is there aren't any games left for it to happen. It would be pretty ironic if Liverpool drew or won at Palace and we lost at Everton because Everton would gift them the league.

If Yaya is back for this one then he should be fresh and I think we'll get a result with them having nothing to play for but it will be tough and I think it will depend a lot on the Liverpool result but we have to try and get the win.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Remember the monumental game that Yaya played at St James's Park in 2012? Of course you do. If he's going to step up and do it again, now's the time.
Is Aguero definitely in for this? By the way he limped around gingerly for ten minutes before going off on Monday, I was worried that he'd done himself again. If he's in, and Yaya's in, then we can definitely, definitely take the three points. It's greatly to our advantage, in my opinion, that we will know the result of dippers v chavs before even kicking off. For once the schedule has favoured us. We'll know exactly what's required.

I disagree! We know what is required already! We win regardless of the result. I don't believe the schedule has favoured us I would much prefer to play first- put the pressure on. Added to this if Liverpool win before we kick off I can see us putting in a half arsed performance.

sambo86 said:
Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Remember the monumental game that Yaya played at St James's Park in 2012? Of course you do. If he's going to step up and do it again, now's the time.
Is Aguero definitely in for this? By the way he limped around gingerly for ten minutes before going off on Monday, I was worried that he'd done himself again. If he's in, and Yaya's in, then we can definitely, definitely take the three points. It's greatly to our advantage, in my opinion, that we will know the result of dippers v chavs before even kicking off. For once the schedule has favoured us. We'll know exactly what's required.

I disagree! We know what is required already! We win regardless of the result. I don't believe the schedule has favoured us I would much prefer to play first- put the pressure on. Added to this if Liverpool win before we kick off I can see us putting in a half arsed performance.

I understand the concern but that should be where Pellers shows his man management/motivational abilities........and I'm sure he will.....

Never mind beating them on the pitch, let's beat them on the terraces as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.