Crystal Palace V Manchester City pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being touted for Manager of the Season in some quarters. YCNMIU

He deserves it, 4 points from 9 games when he took over. In the Championship Palace's defence looked a shambles, Pulis takes over in a tougher league and manages clean sheets against Sunderland, Cardiff(twice), Villa(twice), Hull(twice), Chelsea, West Brom, Stoke and twice against West Ham. He beats Everton, Chelsea, Stoke, Villa(twice again), Hull(twice again) West ham(twice again), Cardiff(twice again) and West Brom. Not bad going. Unlucky to lose away to Chelsea and Man City. Only Newcastle have beat them by more than 2 goals since Pulis took over.

Bluep*ss said:
Blue_Rossy said:
Pulis absolutely dispises us. He will be going for the jugular, either park the bus and fluke a counter or he will go all out.
Make no marks Pulis hates us with a passion, the little rat face bastard.

Being touted for Manager of the Season in some quarters. YCNMIU............. No matter what the score he will not resist mentioning OUR MONEY.
Rodgers should take the overall prize, with the wooden spoon going to the obvious choice: Mr. Moyes.

But I think a lot of people are underestimating the job Tony Pulis has done at Crystal Palace this season. It's easy to forget just how terrible they were before he took over: they were bottom of the table at the end of November with one win from their opening 12 games, having only scored 7 goals. They were a mess at the back and were conceding almost 2 goals per game. Their only win was at home to Sunderland.

Pulis has come in and done what every new manager should do: make the team solid. You don't do well in the Premier League if you lack a solid back 4/5 players first. Since his arrival Palace have reduced their rate of conceded goals considerably and have started pinging them in at the other end, taking some huge wins off big teams in the process. They're not the most glamorous team to watch from a neutral's perspective, but for Pulis to turn Palace from a team not even fighting, but surrendering to, relegation into a side that's touching the top half is not something to be sniffed at.

I imagine that in 18 months to three years Pulis will be sacked for "taking Palace as far as he can" when they're 14th in the table off the back of 6 games without a win or something like that, but this season he's done a tremendous job. They're now looking at another season in the Premier League, which is the total opposite of what they were looking at just before Christmas. I don't like Pulis, but well done to him.

If its any consolation Mr Pulis is obviously also not a Liverpool fan as understand he has never lost a home game to them . Like him or not we are possibly going to be relying on him and his team to get a result when they play Liverpool a week after us .

If Club Shop Man[super]TM[/super] does not get mentioned in dispatches for what he has done it's because everyone has forgotten Derby the last time they were up.

Enjoy.
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9guiLTciHk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9guiLTciHk</a>

Law of averages says we're, surely, due a win. I might be wrong but I can't remember us beating a Tony Pulls side, on the road, since Gillingham in 99. Can someone confirm?

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
Law of averages says we're, surely, due a win. I might be wrong but I can't remember us beating a Tony Pulls side, on the road, since Gillingham in 99. Can someone confirm?

Oops, cancel all previous communications. Completely slipped my mind that he was stoke manager in 2011

Oops, cancel all previous communications. Completely slipped my mind that he was stoke manager in 2011
He was also Stoke manager when we beat them last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.