Crystal Palace vs Manchester City - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, but teams only get the chance to park the bus if you keep on passing & passing, building up until you reach the 18 yard line. It allows them to organize and set up the perfect defensive line.
Whereas if you have a player like KDB playing deeper, he can try to shock the opposition by a brilliant long ball through or over the top of the defenders, before they're compact and organized.
With players like Kun, Sterling, Nolito we definitely have the pace up front to beat the opposition in that way.
Get Silva swerving around the aforementioned players and I think you could potentially have a lethal weapon.

I'm mainly comparing to how Belgium played v Estonia, but it's similar. Belgium also always liked to be dominant, pass & pass until finally there's some small gap, win by the odd goal, or maybe 2-0. Belgium also had a lot of problems breaking down opposition that parks the bus. But on Sunday with KDB as a deeplying playmaker for the first time in 6 years we saw a totally different game. Belgium were ripping Estonia to pieces. Could've been 10 or 12 easily. Belgium's attackers are also similar to City's, except probably for Lukaku. But you could compare a Hazard to Silva, a Mertens to Nolito or Sterling. The key is to have quick players up front who can take on a defender one to one. Then De Bruyne will be the guy bringing them into those one to one situations.

I'm positive it would work for City. If only I could reach Pep with my message ;-)
Estonia. International football is sub Championsship standard. Examples of Hazard, Lukaku, KDB up against such opposition are pointless.

You can play a quick long ball when the opposition lose the ball upfield, but that is not very often at City and when teams do attack City at the Etihad it's not usually in numbers. I am sure he can play the role very well, but it isn't going to be of much use in home games because of the way these games are played out. If you looked at a heat map of the ball, I am sure you'd find it concentrated around the opposition's penalty box.

Estonia. International football is sub Championsship standard. Examples of Hazard, Lukaku, KDB up against such opposition are pointless.
I know they suck, but the idea is the same, we used to beat that kind of teams with 2 maybe 3-0 if we were very lucky, but to beat them 8-1 with chances for 10 or 12 is a completely different story. When England played Estonia in the European qualifiers back in 2014 - 2015, England won by just 1-0 and 2-0.
Belgium now have 21 goals scored out of 4 qualifying games, that's over 5 goals a game, admittedly v poor opposition, but you still have to find a way around the (poorly parked) bus. I'm convinced that the new system 3-4-3 with a superstar like KDB as deeplying playmaker has contributed greatly to that. I'm sure he could do the same for City. It's comparable to how the rags used to play with Scholes, and it tore defenses apart.

Could do with winning this a few tough fixtures on the horizon. Healthy win lots of confidence heading into a busy festive period 2-0 win please!

I know they suck, but the idea is the same, we used to beat that kind of teams with 2 maybe 3-0 if we were very lucky, but to beat them 8-1 with chances for 10 or 12 is a completely different story. When England played Estonia in the European qualifiers back in 2014 - 2015, England won by just 1-0 and 2-0.
Belgium now have 21 goals scored out of 4 qualifying games, that's over 5 goals a game, admittedly v poor opposition, but you still have to find a way around the (poorly parked) bus. I'm convinced that the new system 3-4-3 with a superstar like KDB as deeplying playmaker has contributed greatly to that. I'm sure he could do the same for City. It's comparable to how the rags used to play with Scholes, and it tore defenses apart.

At least it give KDB more exposure to the way sides are going to play against us particularly when we are at home albeit there set up will be harder to break down.

The fact is we created enough against Everton and Boro to win the games comfortable but couldn't find the finishing.

Even though Kun had little game time during the break I would start Nacho or both but leave Kun to fire up after 50 minutes if things are not going our way at Palace.

As much as I have loathed this break I think it wipes the slate clean to a degree and we can start again to try get a run of wins together, I believe that is all they need to get going and become the best god damn team in the Land!!!

I believe 0-3 would fit the bill.

I know people will say Palace away is hard but I have a growing craving to see us batter someone.

So many consecutive games where we dominate the game and create dozens of chances only to score 1 or 2 is becoming increasinlgy frustrating.

I just want to see them rack up a scoreline that reflects the dominance we've had. They've conceded 8 in their last 3, They're 5 games without a win, lets see some goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.